Author Topic: Black Building Spots (and .PYD issues)  (Read 5980 times)

Ethan744N763

Black Building Spots (and .PYD issues)
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:40:30 am »
Hi,

So I followed the steps about uninstalling everything then reinstalling them with antivirus turned off. I also configured it to exclude those two .dll files.

I noticed that when I uninstalled everything, the 'couatl' folder was still there. When I tried to delete it, it said it coulden't beceause there might be another file using it.

So I thought, oh well and reinstalled everything as per the instructions. I reinstalled in this order:

PHNL
KORD
Addon-manager X
PHNL update

Every time I updated it, it said it coulden't replace abunch (about 5 or so) of these .pyd files that are in the 'couatl' folder.

I clicked ingore each time and fired up FSX. All the buildings were there.

To confirm that I fixed it, I fired FSX a second time. Black buildings!

So what did I do wrong? Is it the order I reinstalled everything in?

Or does it have to do with thise .pyd files not being abled to be copied over?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Black Building Spots (and .PYD issues)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:25:46 pm »
The problem is that you launched the installers when FSX was still in the act of closing so, some files were still opened.

Rebooting Windows always fixes those kind of issues.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:46:01 pm »
Ok, so just to be clear, uninstall the existing FSDreamteam products then reboot and then continue with the process.

Trying it now

Thanks for the help, will keep you posted

Ethan744N763

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:49:06 pm »
And just a quick FYI, I have the QW 757 installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:49:50 pm »
Shouldn't be a problem, the QW757 uses the Addon Manager, but it's not related to the Python modules.

Ethan744N763

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:00 pm »
Here is what I exactly did in order:

Restart W7
Uninstall all existing FSdreamteam products
Turn off Antivirus and exclude those two files
Install PHNL (and PHNL only without 1.03 update, KORD or Addonmamager)
Turn anti-vires back on
Restart W7
Start FSX
Moved AES ontop of FSDreamteam HonoluluX in the scenery libary
Load the defualy Extra300S at PHNL with daytime settings and fair weather
Still black buildings!
I flew right over them and they did not appear
I checked PHNL under the addon-manager and PHNL was active which meant I never de-activated it before reinstalling
And there was no 'couatl' under the 'add-on' menu

Ok, I fired FSX and first thing I got this message:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local Scenery directory (FSDreamteam\OhareX\SCENERY) in scenery Area.177 not found.

Thats odd, because I uninstalled everything and checked the fsdreamteam folder and nothing was there. And I only installed PHNL (withought the update yet).

I clicked continue (and eventually deleted it in the scenery libary)

The scenery loading pop-up at startup thing started but I had this window open so it kinda just froze there until it was done (or thats what I think)

I use Megascenery OahuX and it is under PHNL in the Scenery Libary

I ran everything as Administartor including Anti-virus

Ethan744N763

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:57 pm »
And I had no .PYD issues because I checked and the 'couatl' was gone after I uninstalled

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 09:48:40 pm »
You are keep getting error message that you shouldn't get, and that nobody else reported. The scenery.cfg issue, for example, simply shouldn't happen.

Unless your scenery.cfg was ALREADY corrupted, but if this is the case, you should have got an warning by our installer and if this was the case, the installation hasn't completed, and it will not, until you fix your scenery.cfg from any errors.

If you haven't seen any warning from the installer, either your scenery.cfg got corrupted after the installation OR, again, you ran the installer when FSX wasn't properly closed, which always creates problems with files. As I've said, if FSX has problems properly closing on your system, it's safer to run any installation after a Windows reboot, without launching FSX first.

Also, you forgot a crucial antivirus step: if your antivirus wrongly identifies any of our software as threat, turning it off during installation is only ONE step, but it's NOT enough, you should also configure it to exclude the following files:

YourFSXfolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXfolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

from scanning, BEFORE turning it back on

I checked PHNL under the addon-manager and PHNL was active which meant I never de-activated it before reinstalling

This means the Addon Manager is runnig, but Couatl is not. Which is a problem. Both should run. In any case, you will never lose your Activation, regardless of what you do, unless you reinstall Windows.

The fact that Couatl is not running, is probably because you missed the antivirus config step.

Now, you should probably redo it again from scratch, without missing the antivirus configuration step.

Check you don't get any scenery.cfg errors before installing again, exit from FSX cleanly, and reboot Windows before reinstalling again.