Author Topic: Addon Manager 1.45 released, compatible with patched >2GB FS9.EXE  (Read 22586 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Hello to all,

We are happy to announce we have a new Addon Manager version compatible with the modified FS9.EXE to allow more than 2GB of RAM allocation.

It's better to consider it as a test release, we would like to hear some feedback first, before considering it final.

Before using it, please note the following:

- It has been only tested in Vista, with the FS9.EXE patched and the BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 3072, that should be exactly the same as using the /3G switch in boot.ini for Windows XP. We would like to hear if it works ok in XP as well. It should but, you never know...

- Other than Zurich, it will work for Cloud9 sceneries as well.

- If you disabled DEP in Vista, you can turn it back on. This version should work with DEP turned off or on.

To download the new release, simply download again the Stand Alone Addon Manager installer for FS9 from the Zurich product page. Here's the direct link:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanager.exe
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:21:58 pm by virtuali »

MeatWater

Re: Addon Manager 1.45 released, compatible with patched >2GB FS9.EXE
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:53:08 pm »
Umberto, the current version again doesn't support the patch...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 06:33:22 pm »
I confirm it does, but only on a nocd FS9.EXE patched for >2GB.

It will not work and will never work on an original FS9.EXE (with CD checks) patched for >2GB. Please be sure you have the latest installer (see the link above). You can verify if the installer put the right version by looking at the file size of the bglman.dll file. The version compatible with >2GB it's about 1.3 MB long, the version compatible with the CD protection it's about 600K.

ErezS

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:00:18 pm »
Could you please reupload this?
Or is it already inside the Zurich exe file on the main site?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 12:16:17 pm »
The latest version is already in the Zurich/Chicago installers, and in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer.

ErezS

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 12:29:40 pm »
Thanks!

AaronMyers

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:51:06 am »
Are we sure it's in the Zurich installer for FS9? I just bought this on May 23rd and I had to update the Addon Manager again after its install.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 12:11:09 pm »
Are we sure it's in the Zurich installer for FS9? I just bought this on May 23rd and I had to update the Addon Manager again after its install.

Yes. If you are not sure, just check the Addon Manager version you had for your Zurich installer, by right clicking on it: it's surely newer than 1.45, the version mentioned in this thread, that was released on January, and it's the first that is compatible with an FS9.EXE patched for >2GB.

However, the issue is that you need to run the *installer* again, to let it recognize your FS9.EXE, and install the correct version . There isn't a single version compatible with every possible FS9.EXE: we have two different versions, one is compatible with the original MS CD protection but not with the patch for >2GB of RAM, the other is compatible with >2GB patch, but requires a nocd FS9.EXE.

The installer (either for Zurich, O'Hare or the Addon Manager) need to run to check the FS9.EXE and install the right version. If you modify FS9.EXE after installing, you need to run the installer (any installer) again.

AaronMyers

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 03:07:55 pm »
Well, in my case I had O'Hare installed and working. Then I purchased Zurich (because you guys do incredible work) and after the install FS crashed when loading bglman.dll. Having seen this problem with Chicago I reinstalled the downloadable add-on manager and everything worked again. Nothing changed with my FS9.exe from the time I had a working copy of KORD installed, and when I installed Zurich.

Just checking because a simple install didn't work for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 03:29:15 pm »
Nothing changed with my FS9.exe from the time I had a working copy of KORD installed, and when I installed Zurich.

Well, in this case it didn't have anything to do the the >2GB this thread is about.

There's no reason why installing Zurich after O'Hare would crash FS9, although without having more precise informations about any error messages you had (if it just *quit* to desktop without message, it wasn't a crash, it was a quit, and that's a different issue), it's difficult to understand what's happened.

All installers contains the same files with regards to the Addon Manager, the stand-alone installer it's just the installer minus the scenery. And, even if Zurich installer still contained (by mistake) an older version of any of the files that comes with the Addon Manager, this shouldn't be a problem either, because there's version and file time/date checks automatically made in the installers, so an older file will never overwrite a new one already on the system.

AaronMyers

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 06:54:11 pm »
Hmm, well whatever the case may be, my FS9.exe is indeed patched for the /3GB switch and after installing Zurich FS crashed at start time complaining of the bglman.dll. No big issue really as a reinstall of the add-on manager solved the problem, I just wanted to bring it up to make sure there were no errors in updating the Zurich installer with the latest stuff.

Thanks for the responses.