Author Topic: MSFS Scenery Install Location(s)  (Read 984 times)

BAW242

MSFS Scenery Install Location(s)
« on: October 02, 2022, 08:26:27 am »
I bought LSZH, LFSB and CYVR on the Marketplace which I thought meant they would install into the Official folder rather  than Community, and indeed LSZH and LFSB are there. But CYVR is not, it is in the Program (x86) folder along with (another?) copy of LFSB but no LSZH. is there something wrongin my setup or is this normal for these 3 sceneries? Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS Scenery Install Location(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 06:43:57 pm »
But CYVR is not, it is in the Program (x86) folder along with (another?) copy of LFSB but no LSZH.

Anything you buy from the MS Marketplace will end up in the Official folder, if you see anything in the Community folder, it's not bought from the Marketplace.

BAW242

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 06:43:01 pm »
Sorry Umberto you're right I see now I did buy CYVR from Simmarket.
But why would LFSB be in both Official and Community? Is this some sort of extra overlaid content in LFSB on top of the Official folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 10:53:09 am »
But why would LFSB be in both Official and Community? Is this some sort of extra overlaid content in LFSB on top of the Official folder?

Not possible, unless you bought it twice, from the Marketplace and elsewhere, and installed it twice.

Our installer won't put anything in the Official folder, and the Microsoft Marketplace install won't place anything in the Community folder.