Author Topic: Simbrief SSL connect error  (Read 4460 times)

jpgarrido13

Re: Simbrief SSL connect error
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 04:00:23 pm »
Sadly, I already tried the offline updated and sitll getting the same error. Such a shame. And before you star with.... as posted before or in my OP, I have disabled all anitvirues and firewall.

Guess what I´m getting is, gotta be the antivirus, thing is, this software is so buggy I´m about to give up.

Thank you

jpgarrido13

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 06:22:33 pm »
So, any thoughts on real solutions to this??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 12:32:35 pm »
In order to find a possible solution, one should be able to replicate this error first. And as you can see, there are exactly two users, including you, that reported it so, clearly, it must be something very unique to your network configuration, otherwise we would have seen lots of reports with this specific error.

Mejol

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 05:06:46 pm »
this  is  very  strange,  coz  all  other  addons  communicate  with  Simbrief  without  any  problems :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 05:14:14 pm »
this  is  very  strange,  coz  all  other  addons  communicate  with  Simbrief  without  any  problems

That doesn't mean much: if your firewall/antivirus is blocking our *our* software, but not the others, it would happen exactly that.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 01:15:48 am »
Here we go again, like stated before, have make sure no antivirus/firewall are active. I really suggest we should focus on the update problem that came out after you checked my log, can we do that?? or something else ocher than repeatedly say it´s the firewall??

jpgarrido13

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2022, 01:18:18 am »
Then again, I stated having this issue specifically after SU10.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2022, 09:18:29 am »
I'm sorry, but there are still only 2 users including you that ever reported your specific error, there are no other possible explanations than interference from another program, either antivirus or firewall.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2022, 05:50:52 pm »
Quick question: Due to the shitty support you guys offer, can I get a refund?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2022, 02:18:20 pm »
Quick question: Due to the shitty support you guys offer, can I get a refund?

I don't know what you are trying to say here but, if I were you, I would abstain myself of using such kind of language on a forum, which would normally result in a ban, and surely not a "refund".

You HAVE been obviously supported but, fact this only happening to exactly 2 users (including you) is not open to debate so, clearly, it cannot be a GSX problem, otherwise we would have been swamped by hundreds of identical reports so, you just can't say the "support" you are getting is not good, because you just can expect or demand we'd fix problems that are surely caused by something specific in your own system, I can only offer an educated guess what the problem likely is, that is interference by another program, which most likely has something to do with the internet connection.

And yes, fact that other programs can connect to Simbrief, doesn't mean it's GSX's fault: your antivirus/firewall is not affecting THOSE, but that's not GSX's fault if your antivirus/firewall treats different software in different ways.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2022, 05:19:47 pm »
1. Speaking f educated way to respond, have you take a look and analyze the way, words and manners you use to respond to CUSTOMERS here on this forum. Let me assure you you are not nice, not polite to address customers.
2. I didn't say I wasn't getting support, I say it´s for sure not s quality one.
3, And not saying either that the issue is GSX fault, but I´d be and feel great if you´d put some effort and/or interest in trying to look for the root cause or what program/interaction may be causing it. Instead of  just saying it´s definitely a antivirus issue just to kinda get out of the way.

Ultimately, if you are not willing to help here and don't want to refund the money, fine that's on you but Im paying here for something that's not working the way it should

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2022, 05:35:55 pm »
1. Speaking f educated way to respond, have you take a look and analyze the way, words and manners you use to respond to CUSTOMERS here on this forum. Let me assure you you are not nice, not polite to address customers.

You lost every right to even say the word "polite", when you express yourself in such manner. Re-read the adjective you wrote about the support.

2. I didn't say I wasn't getting support, I say it´s for sure not s quality one.

You put yourself on the wrong side by using that term. And you were wrong even if you didn't, because support can't do magic: if some other software is blocking GSX, there's not much other than suggesting looking into that,.

3, And not saying either that the issue is GSX fault, but I´d be and feel great if you´d put some effort and/or interest in trying to look for the root cause or what program/interaction may be causing it. Instead of  just saying it´s definitely a antivirus issue just to kinda get out of the way.

I haven't just said it's an "antivirus issue", it likely something related to the internet connection, sometimes antivirus can have something to do about it, but sometimes it can be a firewall issue, but it can also be something else that interacts with the connection and, for some reason, is blocking just GSX.

Ultimately, if you are not willing to help here and don't want to refund the money, fine that's on you but Im paying here for something that's not working the way it should

How wrong you can be ? I'm not "willing to help", when you have been constantly replied to, many times, over and over ? The software that is "not working the way it should" it's not obviously GSX, because if it really not working as it should, it wouldn't work for everybody, not just you.

So, clearly, the software that's "not working the way it should" is the one that is blocking GSX from reaching Simbrief.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2022, 11:34:29 pm »
Again, me saying that word, doesnt take away the fact that you´re not polite when replying in this forum. But I'm not gonna keep arguing with you anymore. If you´re so obtuse to not even try to have a thorough look to say more logs or suggest any test that can be perform to try to ping point the issue (I'm clear its not your prefect software before you waste anymore time writing it again), lets just leave it there.

Have a nice life

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2022, 11:25:53 am »
Again, me saying that word, doesnt take away the fact that you´re not polite when replying in this forum.

It just show you lost every right to lecture me about politeness.

But I'm not gonna keep arguing with you anymore. If you´re so obtuse to not even try to have a thorough look to say more logs or suggest any test that can be perform to try to ping point the issue (I'm clear its not your prefect software before you waste anymore time writing it again), lets just leave it there.

If I were like you, my reply should have been the only "obtuse" here, is the one not realizing, after all the evidence given ( Simbrief works for everybody ), the problem can be caused by GSX, and not something specific to your system.

But I'm not like you, so I can only repeat and confirm what is abundantly clear for everybody:

- As of today, nobody except you and exactly one other user ever reported this problem.

- I kept replying trying to help you with your issue, regardless of your insults and attitude. And I'm the one being "inpolite".

jpgarrido13

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2022, 03:31:48 pm »
Im not trying to lecture you at all, Im just pointing out a fact.

If you were really trying to help, you at least could/would have asked for logs, or something else instead of repeating like a parrot that its not your fault, which I am clear it is not by the 1000 times you say it.

So, would be very nice to be supported by some with the: even though it´s not my fault a customer is experiencing issues and maybe other too although they aren't reporting it attitude, instead of the: poor me I feel offended cuz someone reports a bug.

Again let´s not wasted anymore energy on this. Leave as is.

Have a great life mr