Author Topic: Is the problem fixed?  (Read 5416 times)

kodaryu

Is the problem fixed?
« on: September 23, 2022, 04:10:30 pm »
I also made an update. I also did a reinstall. No corrections.

yurirodin

Re: Is the problem fixed?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 09:42:45 pm »
Same here. Garbled text with distance readout selected after updating today.

fruitycocktail

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 09:45:14 pm »
we know hes more worried about the cash cow that is ms2020, and we all know hes not going to pay another staff member to work on the p3d mess. 

he couldnt give a toss about the p3d customers, thats old money.

kodaryu

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 02:12:55 am »
MSFS=GSX PRO. We are P3D/FSX = GSX Ama ;D
We may be an experiment. It is very disappointing :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 04:57:52 pm »
These kind of comments are very hurtful, considering the time we spent FIXING this problem. The problem doesn't obviously happen here, I double check the updater, and it downloads the correct update file that fixes the problem, see the attached screenshot I just took now.

The files that fixes the problem are the following ones:

\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Font\model\FSDT_Font.mdl
\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Font\model.numbers\FSDT_Font.mdl

If you want to know if you got the correct version, find an MD5 checker utility, and verify their MD5 hash is:

D27EB39C270550A6DA8A66788345FD1A

fruitycocktail

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 05:58:52 pm »
These kind of comments are very hurtful, considering the time we spent FIXING this problem.

screw feelings, this is business.  people have paid good money for your software.  Man up, get some more staff and create two installers for each sim.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 06:05:07 pm »
These kind of comments are very hurtful, considering the time we spent FIXING this problem. The problem doesn't obviously happen here, I double check the updater, and it downloads the correct update file that fixes the problem, see the attached screenshot I just took now.

If you want to know if you got the correct version, find an MD5 checker utility, and verify their MD5 hash is:

Correct me if I'm wrong but your customers including myself are very frustrating. I do know how hard you tried to bring our GSX back for our P3D4.5.

I fly in and out of ATLANTA everyday and almost can't use GSX because it cut so many gates from 100% to only 10%. For example, Terminal D has about 40 gates, with defective GSX, only 10 or less gates available.

Can't even use fuel truck, it came and go, that's it. 2 guys doesn't even get out of the truck and do animate.

For my CRJ-200, they uploaded duplicated loaders and baggage carts. I don't need duplicated.

I certainly hope you will find a way to bring our GSX back very soon so we can fly HAPPILY! :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 06:09:36 pm »
Man up, get some more staff and create two installers for each sim.

We already have two installers, that's not the issue. As explained so many times, the fact lots of GSX code is shared between P3D and MSFS, is the ONLY thing that will make us supporting P3D for the foreseeable future.

screw feelings, this is business.

You got it backwards: it's *because* of feelings that you are still getting updates. If we only had to look at business, (the cold hard sales numbers), we should have dropped all FSX/P3D support, like everybody else is doing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 06:15:18 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but your customers including myself are very frustrating. I do know how hard you tried to bring our GSX back for our P3D4.5.

And as I've said so many times already, I KNOW in P3D 4 the situation is much worse, there's one P3D4-specific problem caused by an abnormally long time to generate the MODEL cache ( not the airport cache ), which doesn't make any sense, since in P3D4 we have much less model variations that any other sim, thanks to the Render to Texture feature, and this causes the program to timeout and basically stop working.

We are trying to understand why it happens, I must admit we did most of the testing in P3D V5, but we'll surely find the reason.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 06:20:11 pm »
Thank you Umberto for your hard effort. Deeply appreciated.

Couldn't waaaaaaittttt to finally have the GSX back to normal.

Umberto, I wanna tell you something. I saw MSFS and my goodness! They're hundreds and hundreds times better than Prepar3d but unfortunately, the ones I wanted (CRJ-200) won't be available until late 2023 to early 2024. It is developed by VirtualCol.

I use CR2 everyday. That is why I couldn't buy MSFS until VirtualCol finally released the CRJ-200's and will bid a farewell to lousy P3D!

;)

Claude

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2022, 06:58:51 pm »
Umberto,

Although I do not use GSX (P3Dv4.5) as much as I used to, and I have not observed the font issues mentioned above, I decided to check the MD5 hash for the two files you listed. The MD5 checksums are different.

FYI, the 1st file is dated 8/3/15 and the 2nd is dated 10/2/17.

Claude

yurirodin

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2022, 08:21:27 pm »

For the file FSDT_Font.mdl I get MD5 hash FCAF21ABE30F9DD69ACEB6074FA4110B for FSDT_Font\model and MD5 hash 7D45E01C87AFC4BC7F34E6C78CDEACA4 for FSDT_Font\model.numbers

Claude

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2022, 11:48:55 pm »
Those are the same ones I got.

jmlucia

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 11:31:32 am »
Here the same

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 01:11:15 pm »
Try the Live Update again, it should be fixed now.