Author Topic: Problems Installing Honolulu  (Read 5457 times)

jf5999

Problems Installing Honolulu
« on: February 11, 2010, 06:44:58 am »
Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble getting PHNL to work. I downloaded it, installed it, and it worked for about 30 seconds and then the buildings just vanished. I tried restarting FSX multiple times, and now the buildings aren't showing up at all. I tried reinstalling the scenery and the addon manager. I don't want to buy the scenery yet because I haven't been able to get it to work, and I'd really like to get this straightened out so I can buy it by the 15th to get the discount on Hilo/Lihue.  :) I've had issues before with JFK and ORD having dissappearing buildings but I've easily resolved both by just updating the addon manager. This time I'm obviously not so lucky. It does say at the top of the screen that the trial period has started, but all I see is floating jetways, some parked cars, etc. but no buildings. FSX is also crashing about 50% of the time when I start only at PHNL. Any other airport, no crash. Also as a side note, there was some floating cars I noticed but I think I might have fixed that by deleting the MAIW afcad I forgot I had for a while. Anyway, any help would be appreciated so I could ideally get this all settled by 2/15. Thanks.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:24:33 am by virtuali »

newmanix

• Beta tester
Re: Problems Installing Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:19:58 am »
Ouch!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:31:16 am »
Most likely an antivirus problem. The usual suggestion is always this, please follow it exactly, don't skip any step:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

jf5999

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »
Problem solved! Thanks for the help Virtuali and the airport looks great. One question though, are there parking spots at the airport for GA and military ai traffic? I have a bunch of small GA planes and C-17s that are parked at a terminal gate or cargo gate because they have nowhere else to go. I know there are a bunch of static C-17s parked in the military area, but I don't know if they can be removed and replaced with military parking spaces, plus I'm not sure where to put the GA either. Any way this can be fixed?  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:48:45 pm by jf5999 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 12:27:02 am »
Will be fixed in the next update.

jf5999

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 07:00:13 pm »
Ok thanks. ;D Any idea of a release date for the update?