Author Topic: need help with phantom  (Read 9546 times)

bigcringe

need help with phantom
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:59:37 pm »
Hi

I cant seem to run your addonmanager and phantom packages. When i double click on the logos to start the install nothing happens, I have tried you addonmanagerx in FSX and that installed first time. I'm a really big fan of the Phabulous Phantom and cant wait to fly it if only fs9 or my system would let me. :(

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

P.S. My fs9 is running at fs9.1 and i have windows vista 32bit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:13:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: need help with phantom
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:09:17 pm »
You are just too quick thinking that nothing is happening: just wait a little bit more, to give the setup a chance to start.

It's a fairly big file, it takes some time to be uncompressed in the Windows temporary folder, and it would take even more if you have an antivirus, because it will probably try to scan every file while they are uncompressed.

Try to reboot Windows ( to ensure you don't have additional copies of the setup running ), run the setup and wait, it might just take some time, but it will eventually appear.

Also, since the Phantom already has an FSDT installer, there's no need to install the Stand-alone Addon Manager, which is only needed after you run an old Cloud9 installer.

bigcringe

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:15:47 pm »
Ok i did what you said and double clicked the cloud9_phantom_fs9_setup.exe and left it for 40 mins nothing happened. I started my task manager and my computer was doing nothing.
So i turned off my anti-virus and still it did not load up, i have also turned off my windows defender and firewall still nothing :(.
I have noticed that when i double click the install program it very quickly starts to run and then stops as if something is stopping it.
I have managed to run the install on my laptop which is Windows 7 and my dads laptop which is Vista but not my system. To see if it was just the phantom i downloaded your KLAX scenery and guess what it did'nt run either but your F-104 did install on my system so if anyone has any ideas then please please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:25:17 pm »
Try to run the installer as Administrator.

bigcringe

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 07:00:35 pm »
Done that aswell and no joy, ive been doing flightsims for years and have never come accross this before maybe its my computer, if it is then i dont know what.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:06:41 pm »
From which drive are you executing the setup ? Are you trying to "Run" when downloading, instead of saving it first, and then executing it only when the download is finished ?

bigcringe

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:03:09 pm »
I have downloaded and saved it to my vista "downloads" file. I have tried running it from the "downloads" file and "documents" and "my desktop" and still no joy. I was thinking my dads computer and my computer are running off the same internet so would that have anything to with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:41:32 pm »
No, having several computers on the same network can't be a problem, it's probably something broken in your Windows installation that is preventing the installer to run, a default .dll, most likely.

Or, maybe you have a problem with the temporary folder, like having the system variable %TMP% or %TEMP% pointing to a folder that doesn't exists, or that you can't have write permissions.

bigcringe

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 06:07:09 pm »
I think i've found out what is wrong, a couple of years ago i tried the demo for the phantom from the cloud9 site at the time i had a few problems with my windows and my computer would crash (not the fault of cloud9). I deleted the phantom but i think there maybe a few small files in my flight sim left behind and so when i load the installer it wont run. So i guess i will now be trying to hunt down the files, any ideas what the files would be or where they would be??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »
I don't think that is the problem, the installer doesn't really check what's inside your FS9 folder, other than being sure you have the 9.1 update, but in that case it will give a warning if you haven't.

If it just quits, it's probably nothing related to your flightsim installation, but rather something more related to Windows.

bigcringe

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 10:36:37 am »
When you install one of your packages does the installer send any info to and windows files and if so which ones cause it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Thanx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:17 am »
Not by default, but you can activate logging this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

cloud9_phantom_fs9_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

If you don't have it, then you are really out of luck because, what's is missing in your Windows install is preventing the installer to run at such an earlier stage, that it can't even create the logfile.

bigcringe

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:39 am »
Ok i have the log file but i know this sounds stupid but what is your email address?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 11:20:45 am »
On the "Contact us" page of this site.

bigcringe

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:48 pm »
You guy's are the greatest i did what you said and now ive just done a flight in the mighty phantom thank you ;D ;D ;D
Now i think i will be getting the F104.