Author Topic: Make Your Suggestions  (Read 5128 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Make Your Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2022, 04:07:57 am »
No, he shouldn't, because at that time, he would already disconnected the headset, so it would be wrong if you hear him, that's why it's only waving at you, and the message is only a text.
Not that it makes a difference to me, but he could say "have a nice flight" right before disconnecting the headset, like so.

https://youtu.be/itvNjU9sGhI?t=1238
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:42:28 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

mbayenh

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2022, 08:52:54 am »
Absolutely agree with you
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:42:41 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2022, 12:46:51 pm »
And of course, the forum messed the link up, the starting point is at 20:38.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2022, 12:55:26 pm »
Not that it makes a difference to me, but he could say "have a nice flight" right before disconnecting the headset, like so.

We are discussing the GSX pushback guy, and when you see that text, it's already away from the airplane.

bcm652

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2022, 11:04:20 pm »
''Not that it makes a difference to me, but he could say "have a nice flight" right before disconnecting the headset, like so.''

What's next, the captain telling the pushback guy, ''thank you and to have a nice day.''
In reality do you know how busy the captain and first officer are with check lists getting the airplane ready for taxi and take off.  it isn't broke, don't try to fix it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 11:10:08 pm by bcm652 »

mbayenh

Make Your Suggestions
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2022, 12:06:59 am »
Watch this video showing how it goes!

https://youtu.be/SR92KkY6sug

Your flow is not accurate since you seem to be wanting to follow procedure. Ground crew is wishing well before moving away and before the hand signal is given.
Either there is no visual message at the end or there is a voice message before the pushback truck moves away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 10:44:53 am by virtuali »

bcm652

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2022, 04:55:46 am »
Remember, GSX is an animation, not a real-life portrayal with real people and may not be a 100% accurate, and I'm okay with that and so are a lot of other subscribers.
If you are not happy with FSDT GSX and can find a different sim that is more accurate, than maybe you should use that one. You get what you pay for. ;D

mbayenh

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2022, 05:38:39 am »
If you don’t want things to get better and more realistic then why are you reading this post. You can continue using GSX as is. Let others provide feedback so we can help the dev improve this add-on for the benefit of all.

bcm652

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2022, 06:22:59 am »
Good luck with that. Changes to GSX are usually complaint driven and it seems that you are the only one that wants to change it. You have every right to suggest changes as we all do.
The video you showed was made in a foreign country and I didn't understand a word they were saying, were they being pleasant or swearing at each other.

mbayenh

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2022, 07:07:23 am »
Good luck with that. Changes to GSX are usually complaint driven and it seems that you are the only one that wants to change it. You have every right to suggest changes as we all do.
The video you showed was made in a foreign country and I didn't understand a word they were saying, were they being pleasant or swearing at each other.
It was explained on the video description to turn on CC to see them in English

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2022, 10:47:25 am »
Your flow is not accurate since you seem to be wanting to follow procedure. Ground crew is wishing well before moving away and before the hand signal is given. Either there is no visual message at the end or there is a voice message before the pushback truck moves away.

You keep missing the point.

It has been said the voice message should be heard, when in fact it shouldn't because, the GSX pushback guy is already far away from the airplane when the TEXT message says "have a good flight", THAT'S why it correct you won't hear any voice.

Now, you are saying something completely different, that we should change the PROCEDURE to have the guy saying "have a good flight" BEFORE he leaves, that's a completely different issue and yes, IF GSX was made that way, in THAT case it should have the voice too.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2022, 04:16:35 pm »
We are discussing the GSX pushback guy, and when you see that text, it's already away from the airplane.
Yes, I'm aware of that. What I'm saying is he could say that prior to him disconnecting, and the text could be adjusted accordingly if desired.
What's next, the captain telling the pushback guy, ''thank you and to have a nice day.''
In reality do you know how busy the captain and first officer are with check lists getting the airplane ready for taxi and take off.  it isn't broke, don't try to fix it.
Don't look at me, I wasn't the one who made the initial suggestion of having the voice saying that in the first place, I only brought up how it could be made to work.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2022, 05:36:26 pm »
Don't look at me, I wasn't the one who made the initial suggestion of having the voice saying that in the first place, I only brought up how it could be made to work.
And you can make such a suggestion, and I respect that.