Products Support > GSX Support MSFS

Some 3rd party airports are not found

(1/4) > >>

virtuali:
By default, GSX will skip .BGL files larger than 4MB when building its internal database, because usually the airport data is smaller, but some developers might combine other objects in it, so it can be larger than this. Skipping files larger than a certain size because they are not surely airports, is done to speed up startup time.

You can change the default value used by GSX, by adding this on a new line in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.INI ( after the log line, if you have one )

airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 20000000

This will scan files up to 20MB, if you find any airports bigger than this, you'll have to increase the value further. It's expressed in bytes, so in this case is 20 millions.

immadario:
Hi,

I have this problem with rdpresets LIRN (bought from 3rd party website, not marketplace). Even after applying the fix to my couatl_MSFS.ini gsx still reads the default .bgl file, so all the parking spots have the wrong numbers, etc. Is there anything else I can do to solve this problem?

P.S: I attached my couatl_MSFS.ini to the message.

Thank you

virtuali:

--- Quote from: immadario on August 27, 2022, 01:18:38 am ---I have this problem with rdpresets LIRN (bought from 3rd party website, not marketplace).
--- End quote ---

How big is the airport file ?

Flightdoc:
>>by adding this on a new line in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.INI

Sorry I'm not clear where to find this INI file -- I don't appear to have a /Virtuali directory in my APPDATA folder..

thanks

virtuali:

--- Quote from: len hjalmarson on August 27, 2022, 03:00:08 am ---Sorry I'm not clear where to find this INI file -- I don't appear to have a /Virtuali directory in my APPDATA folder.
--- End quote ---

It's normal if you never changed a setting, in any case, we released an update now, and the default value is now 30MB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version