Products Support > GSX Support MSFS

Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator

(1/15) > >>

virtuali:
There's a known bug in MSFS which results in programs started from the EXE.XML file not being launched. It happens to me too, there are several reports on Microsoft forum about this problem, which has been reported since May:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/exe-xml-often-not-starting-addons-correctly/515592/66

Quoting from another user there:

--- Quote ---On the GSX forums there are many users saying that Couatl doesn’t start and it’s due to the EXE.XML not starting without them knowing, so they blame GSX. That’s just an example, the same could happen for every single addon based on it.
--- End quote ---

Quoting from another user there:

--- Quote ---On the GSX forums there are many users saying that Couatl doesn’t start and it’s due to the EXE.XML not starting withouth them knowing, so they blame GSX. That’s just an example, the same could happen for every single addon based on it.
--- End quote ---

This problem has been reported on Microsoft devs forum too, in May:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/8061/exexml-fails-to-launch-my-simconnect-external-appl.html

This reply came directly from Asobo:

--- Quote ---That's an issue we're already tracking. It's related to MS Store checking the app (MSFS) has a correct licence but also checking for child apps and failing in this case.
--- End quote ---

So, clearly a bug, since it seems the MS Store tried to check the license even for child applications, something it shouldn't do.

IMatAMS:
I've had this bug forever, exe.xml usually doesn't work (affects all external execuables that need to be started)

I've made a small batch file to load all the dependencies from the exe.xml in one click. Really easy to do, penty of guidance if you Google 'batch file to start multiple programs' or something like that.
Ive added Couatl to that batch file, ssmeto work fine that way.

IM

Ankh:
In the official forum someone basically solved his exe.xml issue by opening the .xml in Notepad++ and forcefully saving the .xml in the UTF-8-BOM encoding. It has to be re-done as soon as anything is changed in the exe.xml by any addon or MSFS itself. So what I really wonder is: how the heck Asobo does not come up with such an easy solution...

ChazC:
That was me. Please be aware that although this works for me there’s no guarantee it’s the silver bullet!

One program still refused to run despite changing the encoding so it’s certainly not a 100% fix in any case so I suspect there’s other factors involved and it’s certainly going to be on an individual basis as some users have had no issue with the exe.xml launching add-ons at all.

Ankh:
Ok, in another forum, somebody else mentioned wrong semantics in the lines of Aerosoft VDGS, maybe checking this is worth? I think it is in the AS forums... Might be, that you (and me) had a two step issue here, one the wrong encoding and two the wrong semantics for VDGS. Still did not have time to check on my end if the encoding solves my issues, but it is a good starting point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version