Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 144980 times)

ACSoft

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 3rd, 2023.
« Reply #315 on: March 27, 2023, 03:49:11 pm »
There's no need to "seriously" reviewing anything, since it's works perfectly fine and, as I've said, the only improvement where I could take the only suggestion you made that ever made some sense, is just doing the check for "which files I need to check to know if my node is outdated" automatically.

I don't figure out what you mean exactly, but if it is that your "Check" button perform a real check, like I proposed before, or something equivalent (I mean, something simple and clear for the lambda user, without to display first a whole confusing update procedure like, but to just do your required checking behind the scene and without forgetting to explicitly answer to the "Check" question), I vote for it and will adopt it immediately, like I said before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2023, 04:40:07 pm »
if it is that your "Check" button perform a real check

By keep using this "real check" adjective (implying it doesn't do it now), you are further confirming what I was suspecting all along, which is that you still don't understand what I explained.

Or, we are not agreeing on the very meaning of "real check" which to me seems  like you are asking for "an easier to understand check as I would like to have", which I confirmed (multiple times by now), can probably made easier to understand if it just keep track of what we are now suggesting to keep track of in the instructions on the Sticky thread.

That would make it easier to understand. It would of course not change ANYTHING in the way the check if made. It's already a "real check" and it will be identical even with that change, just you won't have to pay attention to it, and that's it.

- It will still download exactly the same files

- It will still suffer from a possibly outdated cloudflare node

- If will still require to download the Offline installer, if you are affected by that case.

So, again, it will be identical, save for the requirement for YOU to keep track of what is being redownloaded over and over, to know if you are affected.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 04:42:16 pm by virtuali »

ACSoft

« Reply #317 on: March 27, 2023, 06:39:42 pm »
- It will still suffer from a possibly outdated cloudflare node
- If will still require to download the Offline installer, if you are affected by that case.

And this is exactly what I try to explain to you since the beginning !

Your cloudflare node problems and the way we must proceed to be sure we do not suffer of it, is just OBSCURE, COMPLICATE, and to my humble opinion, NOT ACCEPTABLE.

And my solution to this problem, is to simply always apply the OFFLINE installer file.

HeicoH

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 24th, 2023
« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2023, 06:48:06 pm »
@ACSoft

The reason why I do not use the offline installer is:
9 of 10 professional antivirus/firewall companies that I sent the offlne installer file to answered that this file contains virus code.FSDT claims that those companies are wrong, but I never saw a certificate from FSDT that confirms this file is virus-free.

I asked FSDT to confirm that it is virus-free by publishing a respective certificate, but this post was deleted by Umberto.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:55:29 pm by HeicoH »
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

ACSoft

« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2023, 07:03:03 pm »
@ACSoft

The reason why I do not use the offline installer is:
9 of 10 professional antivirus/firewall companies that I sent the offlne installer file to answered that this file contains virus code.FSDT claims that those companies are wrong, but I never saw a certificate from FSDT that confirms this file is virus-free.

I asked FSDT to confirm that it is virus-free by publishing a respective certificate, but this post was deleted by Umberto.
Interesting information.

Personnaly, I never had a virus problem with this OFFLINE Installer file and  my PC use one of the most reputed anti-virus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #320 on: March 27, 2023, 07:17:34 pm »
9 of 10 professional antivirus/firewall companies that I sent the offlne installer file to answered that this file contains virus code.

Let's try to be a bit more serious when doing such claims, shouldn't we ? Let's see what virustotal has to say about it:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b77faba8e4076d86432e18fee9106973a518e2f3852344dcb55305700d64a619?nocache=1

Not a single detection, over Couatl64_MSFS.EXE, just made the check now.

FSDT claims that those companies are wrong, but I never saw a certificate from FSDT that confirms this file is virus-free.

And with this kind of attitude, what a "certificate from FSDT" would convince you of anything ? Of course, I can do much better to prove you wrong:

That is just last week, when I sent a sample to Trend Micro to report a FALSE POSITIVE by their antivirus, which they obviously CONFIRMED it was in fact a false positive. So yes, as usual, my claim were accurate, and Trend Micro HAS admitted they were wrong, as expected.

It wasn't deleted because of that, and you know very well, because I even sent you a PM explaining why.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 07:22:45 pm by virtuali »

HeicoH

« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2023, 07:23:39 pm »
@Umberto

I suggest that you publish a respective certificate from at least 5 of the major antivirus/firewall companies. For every version of your offline installer file , of course.
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2023, 07:42:36 pm »
I suggest that you publish a respective certificate from at least 5 of the major antivirus/firewall companies. For every version of your offline installer file , of course.

It seems you must have missed this from my last reply:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b77faba8e4076d86432e18fee9106973a518e2f3852344dcb55305700d64a619?nocache=1

Not a single detection, over Couatl64_MSFS.EXE, just made the check now. Far more than 5 companies.

HeicoH

« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2023, 07:49:39 pm »
Obviously, I missed that.

Please post a respective link for the offline installer.

And please post it for every new version of the offline installer (aka Addon Manager.exe)
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2023, 07:52:58 pm »
Please post a respective link for the offline installer.

There you have it:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/c66da769727d804a65dbca3173a8229cf83893393661e73cfe9717facebf673e

ZERO detections, of course.

And please post it for every new version of the offline installer (aka Addon Manager.exe)

Just no, it's not out duty to do that. If you don't trust a file that is Digital Signed with our Authenticode signature, for which we pay yearly fees PRECISELY to make you sure our files are safe, it's already going beyond what's reasonable, and it's not our job to fix antivirus vendors False Positives, even in some cases it's useful to report it, at least I could post that reply to prove it to you.

yellow70

« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2023, 01:07:23 pm »
Hi can't update via GOOGLE no access
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:26:25 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2023, 08:28:12 am »
Hi can't update via GOOGLE no access

That's precisely why we have two links to download from. Google sometimes randomly blocks the file, just because it's "new", we request a review, they whitelist it again.

DrVenkman

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update April 3rd 2023
« Reply #327 on: April 09, 2023, 07:15:59 pm »
So the January 23, 2023 update says internal support was added for the PMDG DC-6 but that doesn't seem to be the case. Was this support removed in later updates or did it somehow get broken along the way?

kevkearney

« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2023, 03:12:39 pm »
So the January 23, 2023 update says internal support was added for the PMDG DC-6 but that doesn't seem to be the case. Was this support removed in later updates or did it somehow get broken along the way?

bump!

EC

« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2023, 06:05:06 am »

Same question. And so far as I know, there is no answer whereever you search for. Even in the PMDG forum I got no answer from users. Nobody seemst to know...