Products Support > GSX Support MSFS

OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024

<< < (2/72) > >>

Kai-Uwe:
I understand the way of working of the offlineinstaller.

But as far as I know it is a static thing, containg files from today. If I run the liveinstaller let's say on Wednesday, it will problably overrides the files from today. How will I know then, if there a later (newer) files on the server than today or the node still doesn't contain the actual files yet?

Kai

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Kai-Uwe on August 23, 2022, 03:03:29 pm ---If I run the liveinstaller let's say on Wednesday, it will problably overrides the files from today. How will I know then, if there a later (newer) files on the server than today or the node still doesn't contain the actual files yet?
--- End quote ---

And that's precisely why, in the above instructions, there's this line:

--- Quote ---You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.
--- End quote ---

I think this information, added to to the previous "until you see the Live Update not downloading anything, because your local node finally got the same files of the offline installer, running the offline installer should be always the last thing you do" sentence, should clarify what you are supposed to do.

jordanal:
Thanks, this solved the issue which I've experienced since the day of release.   8)

Sinandgrin:
I too am wondering how we will know when/if to update from the Live Update tool and maybe I can help summarize what folks are asking here. Please though help and correct anything if I am missing the point someone is particularly after but:

At some point in time there should be updates that you publish which will make the static (Offline) installer files provided here on this thread obsolete / old, correct? We will want to make sure we have the latest version of the GSX application. What will be the plan for distributing those updates to us end users? Will you simply publish another offline installer with the updated files on this thread, or do you think that will happen at a time after replication completes to all the Cloudflare nodes?

If you think it will likely occur after the replication to all the Cloudflare nodes completes, then what would be the best way for users to know this? Will you announce that folks should return to using the 'FSDTLiveUpdate.exe' to get the latest files or is there some way that end users are able to inspect the version of their local files to the version of the most recently published files by the FSDT team to see that an update is required and to know for sure if that an update download completed successfully. I think this has been the challenge with the update tool's current design as the only way to know if you have outdated files that need to be updated is to let the update run and try to watch and see if files are downloaded or not. This is currently further challenged with the Cloudflare nodes not yet in sync causing some users to not receive required files (if I am correctly understanding matters at present).

Maybe a simple enhancement here is to add a product version ID to the tool that shows your local installed version VS the most recent and available for download version.

Also one additional question: When you do publish a new update to the GSX program, do we expect to have a similar issue with Cloudflare nodes being out of sync across the network? Why did we have this issue with the initial release and what should we expect for future incremental updates?

Er-Ar:
I executed the installer, but nothing changed. Unfortunately, I still keep getting the same (Couatl engine hasn't started ) error at all airports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version