Author Topic: no AI-Traffic in LSZH  (Read 5603 times)

Kai-Uwe

no AI-Traffic in LSZH
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:00:54 am »
hello,

first of all -thanks for this wunderful scenerie!
Unfortunately there are problems: I bought the FSX-Version. No AI-Traffic is to be seen. I use MTX 5.1a as a traffic-program. In all other airports the planes are to be seen, except in LSZH. Totally empty! I made the bgl-file from MT responsible for LSZH inactive but there was no difference. What should I do now?

thanks Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no AI-Traffic in LSZH
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:22:51 pm »
This is a known FSX SP2 problem: it's the result of the combination of using a scenery with custom runways made in FS9 style, with AI models originally made for FS9. Using the two together, will result in AI traffic disappearing, only in FSX SP2. Others FSX airports (like EGLL from Aerosoft) have the same problem, it's not related to LSZH in particular, it might impact all present and future FSX airports using custom runway textures. It doesn't happen using default traffic, since default AI are FSX native models.

There are two possible solutions:

- the scenery developer should remove FS9 scenery commands used to create customized runways, returning to default-looking runways. Unfortunately, there's no native FSX solution to create custom runway textures so, the scenery developer doesn't have much choice, except than offering a lower quality scenery.

- the AI developer should recompile its AI models using the FSX SDK. This would be of course the better solution, first because (opposite to scenery) it IS available to the airplane developer. And, it will also result  in better looking and performing AI airplanes, without having to give anything away of the scenery.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:24:53 pm by virtuali »

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:55:12 am »
hello virtuali,

thanks for your answer! I found the error in between: after deactivating nearly every scenery in the library AI-Traffic now works wonderful. Now I'll try to find out the "evil". I'll then told you the results.

greetings Kai

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 03:52:02 pm »
I solved the problem: there is a incompatibility between MyTrafficX and the VFR Airfields X from Aerosoft. Here is a file called Traffic_VFR-Airfields_FSX.bgl in the Folder: Aerosoft\VFR AirfieldsTraffic\Scenery the reason. It seems to be compiled in FS9code. By deactivating it the traffic is back again. It was lost not only in LSZH but in almost every airport. You were right, virtuali. I hope, this can help others too.

greetings Kai :)