Products Support > GSX Support MSFS

Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem

(1/101) > >>

virtuali:
Whenever you see the "Couatl engine hasn't started" message from the toolbar icon, there might be very different reasons for that so, in order to support you properly, we absolutely need a startup log file, which will help identify the problem.

To create a log, do as follows:

- Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar or start it from its icon on the Desktop

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, ZIP IT ( please don't post it as it is ) and use the ATTACH function of the forum to Attach it to a post.

As an alternative, you can use the pre-made Couatl_MSFS.INI Attached here, to be placed in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

kitty.hawk:
I followed your instructions and look onto my pictures: there is no log file. by-the-way I have no FSX nor P3D installed on this computer.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: kitty.hawk on August 21, 2022, 11:23:35 pm ---I followed your instructions and look onto my pictures: there is no log file. by-the-way I have no FSX nor P3D installed on this computer.
--- End quote ---

Of course there isn't one: you named the file in the wrong way. That's why I attached a pre-made file here.

chrisdanker:
HI,

I too am having the Coualt Scripting message when I try to start GSX Pro.

I have attached my log file here. Hope you will be able to resolve my issue

Regards,

Chris

virtuali:
Your log shows everything is running correctly, it's just that from that session, you need to wait for the airport cache regeneration to complete, but subsequent starts should be faster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version