Author Topic: GSX Not Working with Flightbeam KDEN after latest update P3d V4 & V5  (Read 7346 times)

Blaster254

Re: GSX Not Working with Flightbeam KDEN after latest update P3d V4 & V5
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2022, 10:19:08 pm »
Amazing! Thank you. Still looks like a few grumpy people on here need to have a few days off of their computers lol
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:07:12 pm by Blaster254 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2022, 10:22:20 pm »
Amazing! Thank you. Still looks like a few grumpy people on here need to have a few days off of there computers lol

The worse is hearing people complaining about "we don't care about P3D users anymore", when we put so much work trying to have a (mostly) common code that runs with both simulators, which is the ONLY thing that would allow us to continue to release updates for P3D for the foreseeable future.

It we really wanted to drop P3D, we would just "frozen" the code in March, release one last full update, and that's it, future updates, MSFS only.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2022, 11:07:38 pm »

It was related to parking systems.

We realized having parking systems in the .INI as numbers wasn't a very good idea, because it restricted the ability to add new types in an ordered manner, so we switched to storing their names instead.

Obviously, we thought about not breaking existing profiles so, if an old .INI file with numbers is found, it will be translated to the new names system automatically so, in this case, the translation routine didn't work if there were *no* parking systems in the .INI file but, since we try to manage all possible errors, the problem was hidden by the error handling, so you didn't see any errors, but it resulted in the parking being ignored.

Thanks. I’m guessing this doesn’t impact on user’s custom ini files in roaming\virtuali\GSX since I was able to select from many gates where that file was used. The Flightbeam airports must have been different for KSFO, KIAD and KDEN.

It’s good it’s fixed and a huge relief for you and your team. I’m relieved you haven’t drawn a line on P3D because it’s still used by many of us.  :)
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

joergalv

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2022, 09:46:56 am »
We found the problem with .INI files, and it's fixed with the current Live Update.

Great! Thanks a lot, Umberto!
Joerg Alvermann

Blaster254

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2022, 06:10:31 pm »
Amazing! Thank you. Still looks like a few grumpy people on here need to have a few days off of there computers lol

The worse is hearing people complaining about "we don't care about P3D users anymore", when we put so much work trying to have a (mostly) common code that runs with both simulators, which is the ONLY thing that would allow us to continue to release updates for P3D for the foreseeable future.

It we really wanted to drop P3D, we would just "frozen" the code in March, release one last full update, and that's it, future updates, MSFS only.

Agreed and sorry you get people like that. It’s a complex business. As far as I’m aware this has been the first major issue with GSX and you had it solved within 48 hours. I also don’t remember you ever asking for further payments for all your regular updates and I’ve been using GSX since nearly the beginning. Thank you for this product and the hard work bud.

jboi90057

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2022, 10:42:31 pm »
I also have a problem now with Flightbeam KDEN and GSX Level 2. Last week I had to do a complete reinstall of P3d v4.5 and everything associated with it. I started everything from scratch with a fresh new simulator.

I have the latest GSX L2 version and SODE v 1.7.1 installed.

When I activate jetway services, for example gate B86, the simulator changes to external camera view and then the simulator resets to my default start up airport. When I uninstalled KDEN the default jetways work and everything is normal.

I never had a problem with Flightbeam and GSX before my reinstall of P3dD.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff