Author Topic: removing the static C-17s?  (Read 8173 times)

Nils

removing the static C-17s?
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:59:24 pm »
Hi,
i really like your PHNL scenery (features like the fire truck, the docking system and the hangar control are really awesome!) but it would be great if you would make the static C-17s removable for those who are using military AI traffic.
It's very annoying to see military aircraft parking at gates and at the same positions like the static C-17s.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8246/36877129.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3906/54404836.jpg

Thanks for your work!

Nils
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:00:11 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: removing the static C-17s?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:00:50 am »
It might just be easier to remove the parking spot from the AFCAD. So, you'll have both the C-17 AND your military AI.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:13:02 am »
Virtuali,

I wondered about that, too...  I also distinctly remember that there was a post saying that it could be removed using the ADM, with just a click.  However, when I looked at ADM (today) it is still the older v2.7.0.16 and I do NOT see how to do that in the interface.  So, will that be a feature of the next version of ADM?

PS: Not in the manual, either...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:17:49 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Nils

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:13:36 am »
Thanks for your fast reply! Unfortunately there aren't enough Mil Cargo parking spaces so my military AI is parking at the gates.
And your static C-17 look differently (and much better) than the AI aircraft i use which creates a strange looking mix.

Nils

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:17:53 am »
I wondered about that, too...  I also distinctly remember that there was a post saying that it could be removed using the ADM, with just a click.

Nowere was said that you had to do it using the Addon Manager interface itself. Maybe I was thinking using the YouControl menu instead, like the controls to open the hangars.

But we didn't implemented it in this version, it might be a suggestion for the first update, though, because it's a nice idea.

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:28:07 am »
I wondered about that, too...  I also distinctly remember that there was a post saying that it could be removed using the ADM, with just a click.

Nowere was said that you had to do it using the Addon Manager interface itself. Maybe I was thinking using the YouControl menu instead, like the controls to open the hangars.

But we didn't implemented it in this version, it might be a suggestion for the first update, though, because it's a nice idea.
Virtuali,

Well if you do it, either way, it might be a good thing...  However, I love the look of the Static AI over the MyTraffic X versions.  But I'll have to reduce the AI Sliders number to prevent them from loading over your static versions.  That was my only issue.  And, I'll look for it in the next update.

But, right now, I'm off to enjoy it...  8)

EDIT: If you can fix the confusion the AI is having between the Civilian sector and Military areas that would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:46:21 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Nils

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 02:02:33 pm »
It's great to have a parrot...

Umberto,
i think i found out how you place the C-17s so i think i will be able to solve everything by myself, hopefully.
Very interesting scenery in many aspects.
Thanks!

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 08:01:04 pm »
Virtuali,

I looked into these issue more closely...

1. The Parking spots for gate 50 & 51 are NOT coded in the AFCAD for HAL; so, just any AI can get assigned there. :-\
And, the Radius might be too large for those spots and might cause rather large AI to be stationed there.  There are many more examples through the Airport's AFCAD. :'(  Infact, the AFCAD is very incomplete in comparison to MyTraffic X's (or the FSDT KJFK's AFCAD) but, I can't use theirs because nothing (like jetways/parking spots, building, etc.) lines up correctly with the FSDT PHNL scenery.  I'll ask Burkhard if they intend to update theirs to be compatible with your's the way they do it for Aerosoft.
2. Also, the FSDT AI Fire Truck does seem to like parking into the side of the FireHouse Structure. :-[
Perhaps, these can be fixed in the next update.  Grazie!

Please see Pic's attached below...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:16:15 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams