Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 72417 times)

ze4420

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2022, 12:48:16 am »
I too am having the same problem. I have tried everything but I am can't find a fix. I am open to any suggestions.

trisho0

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2022, 12:52:53 am »
From windows desktop I clicked Start Couatl for GSX MSFS icon to load it then the MSFS. On the way it appeared Couatl Debug Window that eventually started displaying several lines text. That CDW never closed. Should I close it before continuing with MFS? I clicked on the MFS and the CDW I guess became behind the MFS screen. Loaded the PMDG 737-700 in SCEL scenery (LatinVFR). From the top screen I select "GSX" and it pops up a message: Couatl scripting Engine hasn't started.
I can't use GSX for now even after reinstalled the FSDT GSX Pro.
I hope in a few days FSDT Live Update will resolve it.
Couatl reporting ...
Patricio Valdes

in the debugwindow open file and click restart gracefully it worked for me as workaround

It didn't work for me. I did restart gracefully and the Couatl Debuging window closed itself doing nothing else. I had to call CDW again, but the MFS GSX top window is doing nothing neither and no messages.
I wait for another time for another FSDT Live Update action.
Patricio Valdes

Bassman7e7

• Success is earned, not given.
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2022, 01:12:39 am »
After following the previous instructions of uninstalling ALL FSDT products (To include deactivation) VIA the installer & Associated P3D uninstallers, removing the Addon Folder and reinstalling GSX Pro from scratch, I was able to run GSX Pro with MSFS upon first load.

I had to manually start Couatl as the sim didn't autostart this on my end (Quick fix on my side)

Once I reinstalled P3D - GSX & Airports I attempted to run MSFS again with the same traceback error mentioned on other posts.

"Starting system monitors
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 411, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'emulateMenu_MSFS'
GSX SimStart"

The only solution I can think of for right now is to remove the P3D airports/GSX & leave MSFS airports/GSX in place.

**Side note, the Icon for starting Couatl for GSX did NOT appear on my desktop until I downloaded the universal installer from another FSDT product on the main page. The original one that was sent via email yesterday did not do this.

**2nd Update - Deleting MOST files in the Addon Manager folder (Except FSDreamteam Stuff from P3D and FlightBeam stuff) I ONLY installed FSDT's Universal Installer & GSX Pro. Upon MSFS first run the program works normally.

When I reinstalled GSX for P3D the same traceback 411 error message returned. The remaining P3D Airports have been untouched, but from what i've seen...something with the GSX installation for P3D is interfering with GSX Pro for MSFS. I did read on another post that the current P3D installers were being rebuilt. I'll wait before attempting to throw GSX back into P3D.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 03:15:36 am by Bassman7e7 »
Chris Perlman
DFW/Aviation Simulation Enthusiast

njflyer08

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2022, 01:13:18 am »
It is now the 3rd time I reinstalled the product, and still, couatl wont start automatically. How can I get this resolved?

asalazare

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2022, 02:32:38 am »
 :D I was finally able to get it working and I am pleased with the product!

Steps performed:

1.   Deactivated and uninstalled all FSDT products within "FSDT Universal Installer".
2.   Uninstalled the "FSDT Universal Installer" via the Windows "Apps & Features" or the old Control Panel.
3.   Deleted the "Addon Manager" folder.
4.   Deleted the "virtuali" folder at %appdata%
5.   Reinstalled the "FSDT Universal Installer"
6.   Installed and activated GSX, it took a while, this time I saw it installed 2 components: "fsdreamteam-gsx-pro" and "fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" tha latter was missing previously.

As I developed some airports for Mexico sold at Simmarket and the MSFS Marketplace, I already compiled the AFCAD-BGL's to allow GSX to recognize my airports and they seem to work immediatly!  8)

Justinthomas7

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2022, 03:43:27 am »
My issue was solved by complete uninstall and reinstall.

Suggest this is pinned as it looks like it's causing (and solving) most of the problems.

airbadger

« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2022, 04:37:05 am »
I don't really feel like reinstalling all of my P3D add-ons and airport customizations in order to get this to work and risk also breaking GSX for P3D. I'd rather just shelve this until a patch is pushed out.

daschla

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2022, 08:38:40 am »
Hello,

A short feedback from my side:

I use nearly all FSDT Airports in P3Dv5, so Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 and 2, KFLL, KMEM, CYVR etc. In addition, I have some FSDT Airports for MSFS like LSZH, LFSB and CVYR.

After installing GSX Pro, I had the same problem as everybody - COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday with troubleshooting. What helped at the end was deinstalling all FSDT Airports, GSX and the Addon Manager folder and only install GSX Pro and the native FSDT Airports for MSFS. As soon as I installed an old FSDT Airport like KFLL, the scripting error was back again. So it seems, at least on my computer, that it is for the time being not possible to run GSX in P3D and GSX Pro in MSFS together. Luckily, my P3D was not messed up by the deinstallation.

I hope that there will be a solution soon because I still use P3D for longhaul flights and I don't want to miss GSX there.

Kind regards,
Daniel

nekeroom

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2022, 08:50:15 am »
I also get gsx on ms2020 menu but same message about scripting engine not started , has anyone got this workng on ms2020 ? 

drayton_k

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2022, 08:51:15 am »
I too am having the same issue. I am NOT willing to uninstall my P3D version so Ill wait to see if a fix does appear for this.

dabr0an

« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2022, 10:21:47 am »
now my p3d version is not working properly as well.. 

"All active jetways stopped due to Main Module (exe) Reset/Disconnection! (N=1)"

and the jetway disappears

BAW768

« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2022, 10:59:11 am »
Surely these issues would have been picked up during 'testing'.

jamiev84

« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2022, 11:10:18 am »
Is it just a case of waiting until the files in your servers update then run an update?

Seems like it, because that's surely not what we have online here.

Quick post to let you know that this morning it worked for me - I used the installer to deactivate and uninstall GSX Pro, I used Add/Remove Programmes to uninstall the FSDT installer app, I deleted the Addon Manager Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager), restarted my PC.

Now with a clean slate I opened the email from FSDT with the download link for the installer, redownloaded it, followed all the normal install steps and now it works fine :)

Looking forward to flying with it, it's the one thing we've all been missing in MSFS.

Good luck folks.

Pilotpete1

« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2022, 11:40:54 am »
Why when I run the live update it stops  half way through and then closes?

Same issue here, despite Couatl64_MSFS is running in the Task Manager.

If it's just stuck, it's 100% a server problem. As you might now, we use Cloudflare to prevent the usual "site going down the release day", which happened to every other major release. Because of the Cloudflare network of 260 nodes spread around the world, we don't risk having the server put down, so NOBODY could download anything.

The side effect of this, is that it takes a few hours for all nodes to get all the current files, and this time we updated A LOT of files so, if you run the FSDT Live Update again, all right files will eventually be up.

A crucial file that, it not updated, will stop the program from working, is this one:

http://update.virtualisoftware.com/setup/fsdtroot/couatl64/bglmanx_fsdt.dat

If you can't get the latest version through the updater, because your Cloudflare node still has the previous version, downloading it from here should fix the problem. The file you downloaded MUST be placed in the following folder:

Addon Manager\couatl64

And overwrite the file with the same name which is already there. This should get you going, until the servers catch up.

CEN2RION

« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2022, 12:42:58 pm »
Is it just a case of waiting until the files in your servers update then run an update?

Seems like it, because that's surely not what we have online here.

Quick post to let you know that this morning it worked for me - I used the installer to deactivate and uninstall GSX Pro, I used Add/Remove Programmes to uninstall the FSDT installer app, I deleted the Addon Manager Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager), restarted my PC.

Now with a clean slate I opened the email from FSDT with the download link for the installer, redownloaded it, followed all the normal install steps and now it works fine :)

Looking forward to flying with it, it's the one thing we've all been missing in MSFS.

Good luck folks.

Do you have GSX for P3D or for MSFS only?