Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 70077 times)

GeoNau

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2022, 09:13:00 am »
All of you have exactly the same problem, and it's caused by not getting the latest files from cloudflare. I'll probably need to reach out to cloudflare support tomorrow but, in the meantime, we can try a completely different solution.

Here's two links ( they are the same, no need to download both, I just uploaded two copies, just in case ) of a very quick and dirty installer for the whole Addon Manager root as it should be. It's nothing fancy, but should work until we'll clarify why cloudflare doesn't seem to get our updates. It should detect the previous installed Addon Manager folder, and overwrite everything there with what you were supposed to get.

If this works, we might post it as a Sticky until the issue is really solved on Cloudflare side. IF you run the FSDT Live Update, the it shouldn't download anything, but if it does, it might have "downgraded" something with an outdated version stored on Cloudflare. In that case, just run this again, since it's completely offline.

Download from GDrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NU20pW0twKl_KptypNFZre9nO5h0Q8F2/view?usp=sharing

Download from Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rcjygudgvbccu2w/Addon_Manager.exe/file

Like I already said in

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26738.msg175358.html#msg175358

The Universal Installer and Live Update will still download files again and again after using this Auto Manager.

krw86

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2022, 11:27:53 am »
I have all ways to make it work, ok
its time you get your act together ,
refund or repair

ecasalduero

« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2022, 12:15:12 pm »
Hi,

my opinion is that the MSFS and the P3d version of GSX cannot run on same machine at the same time.
I have just follow the instrucction to deactivate, uninstall and delete files and directories as it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
(GSX pro, KORD MSFS, KSDF MSFS, GSX, GSXL2, KMEM, KSDF, KORD, KLAX for P3Dv5) (no other P3D version on the machine).

When everything was clean from FSDT, starting fresh install of GSX pro. Starting up couatl and then MSFS and it works just fine.
Then reinstall the other addons including GSX and GSXL2 and nothing works anymore. MSFS give the same Traceback error as initially and quit to work. P3D works with some issues.

When you have a look on the update process of FSDT updater, you can see that GSXpro is first updated and then GSX/L2. What you can see is that some files have the same name. So in my opinion older files from GSX overwrite newer files from GSX pro and cause to malfunction when going to start MSFS with GSX pro again.

I would appriciate a user controlled update where I can skip manually all updates except gsx pro and I suppose it will work again.

BR
Andreas Hövel
EDDC/Germany

Hi,
I made the same procedure and GSX Pro work fine, but if I reinstall GSX2 for P3DV5, GSX Pro do not work;  Now I have only installed GSX Pro.
Customer of FSDT for many years, and FSDT is one of the few, very few, houses of trusted products.
I hope a solution for the problem; I do not thing to unistall P3DV5 for now.

Emilio Casalduero
Madrid / España 

hwmertens

« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2022, 02:03:13 pm »
I did as stated here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191.

Couatl Engine is now started but no GSX Menu appears.

Rob Jones

« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2022, 02:22:11 pm »
refund or repair
[/quote
Do you really think he's doing nothing?

hwmertens

« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2022, 02:57:03 pm »
By chance I made a "check update" in the universal installer.

Now I have the GSX Menu for the 1st time! Puh!

sw34669

« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2022, 03:18:28 pm »
refund or repair
[/quote
Do you really think he's doing nothing?
yes, nothing to help get it working. How many hours has this imposed on all of us that just wanted to use the product? Here the issues

1) Using an archaic file distribution system that needs poking with a stick or speaking to people to get things updated. Took 4 days for me to pick up the new couatl_MSFS. Don't blame cloudflare dont use them. Use github, do what flybywire a320, do a folder sync, it's immediate and no cost; and a modern distributed file and folder sync.
2) Not fully tested with FSDT existing products I have also seen in this thread people doing just a clean install and it's ok. But, on top of GSX/GSX2 there are issues. As the code base is split couatl and config files have to become couatl_MSFS and_P3D. This means making sure all the legacy code and installers now reference one of the two and some have obv been missed. How this got past beta testing I really don't know.
3) Beta testers , where are they, usually you get some on the forums after something is released helping/chipping in what to try. Hello any beta testers there that can help us get this working ? If no beta testers chip in here what can we start to assume ?

nekeroom

« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2022, 03:42:00 pm »
now working but buggy needs work .

Doc_Z

« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2022, 05:05:12 pm »
This latest workaround enable installation of GSX for MSFS, correct?  Does it enable the P3d GSX apps as well or are they still broken? Will there be a new installer that  allows full  installation to both platforms?  When will that be available?

Please answer this, do not refer me to other threads. This is not the way to run a business, but it seems to be the normal for FSTD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2022, 07:11:07 pm »
The Universal Installer and Live Update will still download files again and again after using this Auto Manager.

From this sentence, it doesn't seem you understand what is happening and what this installer does.

The WHOLE issue with the Live Update downloading the files over and over, doesn't mean the Live Update is "bugged". In fact, it's exactly the opposite, it IS working correctly and it correctly detects some files are outdated so, it correctly download them. However, the local cloudflare node in your area, is NOT serving the latest version we have online, because it still hasn't replicated the files, because of too much traffic due to the release, they have been slower than normal.

So, on the next try, the Live Update correctly detects your file is STILL outdated, and it tries to download it again, and again it doesn't get the file it should have.

The Live Update is doing its job. In fact, it would have been a bug if it did *not* tried to redownload it again!.

So, what this installer does ? It doesn't download *anything*, it simply includes all the important files that make all of GSX code ( = programs without objects or textures ), which are the exact copy of what's online now, that you were supposed to get.

So you only need to install this, and don't worry about Live Udpate, that's what the fix was about, to allow users affected by a local Cloudflare node being too slow getting the files, to get the files IN ANOTHER WAY.

GeoNau

« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2022, 07:24:27 pm »

From this sentence, it doesn't seem you understand what is happening and what this installer does.

I totally am aware about what the Auto Manager did and what the problem with the files on the node are.

I only wanted to confirm that:

If this works, we might post it as a Sticky until the issue is really solved on Cloudflare side. IF you run the FSDT Live Update, the it shouldn't download anything, but if it does, it might have "downgraded" something with an outdated version stored on Cloudflare. In that case, just run this again, since it's completely offline.

It did downgrade MY local files. So files on the node are still out of date which means YOU still have a problem and I as your customer don't care where the issue is located.

It's fine, I'm up to date for the moment because of the Auto Manager.

BTW A table of content for the manual would be a good idea, just saying ...

Andreasmb

« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2022, 07:33:21 pm »
All of you have exactly the same problem, and it's caused by not getting the latest files from cloudflare. I'll probably need to reach out to cloudflare support tomorrow but, in the meantime, we can try a completely different solution.

Here's two links ( they are the same, no need to download both, I just uploaded two copies, just in case ) of a very quick and dirty installer for the whole Addon Manager root as it should be. It's nothing fancy, but should work until we'll clarify why cloudflare doesn't seem to get our updates. It should detect the previous installed Addon Manager folder, and overwrite everything there with what you were supposed to get.

Download from GDrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NU20pW0twKl_KptypNFZre9nO5h0Q8F2/view?usp=sharing

Download from Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rcjygudgvbccu2w/Addon_Manager.exe/file

Umberto,

can confirm that with the above workaround now I got both MSFS GSX pro working and have my P3DV5 GSX2 also still working!

At the stage when I downloaded the above Addon_Manager.exe file I had my P3DV5 GSX fully working and had MSFS GSX pro not installed and fully deactivated. Steps after the download of the Addon_Manager exe I took:
1. Activated GSXPro in the installer
2. Installed GSXPro via the installer and let the installer routine do all its tasks incl. downloading, installing.
3. Once GSXPro was installed and relinked, I pushed again the update button for GSX Pro in the installer
4. once that was done and before starting any of my Flightsim applications I executed the Addon_Manager.Exe workaround as admin
5. started P3D5 after that 1st, which was in the days before somehow always "disturbed" and behaving strange once I had installed GSX Pro. Thsi time-> all fine and GSX2 in P3DV5 working
6. finally started MSFS, and found GSX pro working fine.
7. having closed MSFS I restarted P3DV5 -> still all fine with GSX

So to conclude: finally with the work around and my proceedings above I have now both Sims running with GSX.

Now for me the only thing left is that I will NOT for the time being push and FSDT update button, being afarid that I would have to re-do things....

Umberto, is there the possibility that as soon as possible you inform us all once you have the confirmation from cloudflare that they are fully updated with the latest files, so that we can be safe to run updates?

Please advise, tks,

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2022, 07:44:53 pm »
It did downgrade MY local files. So files on the node are still out of date which means YOU still have a problem and I as your customer don't care where the issue is located.

It's fine, I'm up to date for the moment because of the Auto Manager.

I'm not sure what is your point here. I said a downgrade would possibly happen, and you only had to reinstall this offline installer, to get you back to the correct version. You said the installer did fix it in fact so, what else is there to say ?

I said "possibly downgrade", because there's no telling *exactly* when *your* local cloudflare node will get the correct files, so you won't have to use this temporary installer. But YOU can tell when the server is fine because...the Live Updater will STOP trying to download the same files over and over, because finally the files the Live Updater *expects* to get arrived.

UNTIL THEN, just run this temporary installer after the Live Update.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2022, 10:19:19 pm »
I've been watching this post for a solution and all I can get out of it is al lot of bickering back and forth.
I got GSX Pro to work by uninstalling everything and not installing anything on P3D.
I too, use both, but I can wait.
I am a long time customer of FSdreamream and have nothing but respect for Umberto.
Like I said, I'll wait for a final solution which I am confident it will come.

Papagiorgio

Ankh

« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2022, 10:33:17 pm »

Running FSDT Updater still results in the following after installing from this .exe:

Start checking for MSFS updates
DOWNLOADING file D:\Addon Manager\model\rules_fueltruck.cfg
DOWNLOADING file D:\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\html_ui\InGamePanels\FSDT_GSX_Panel\menu
DOWNLOADING file D:\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\html_ui\InGamePanels\FSDT_GSX_Panel\tooltip

So, partially yes, only those three things are still constantly downloaded each time I run the Updater. As of today, it suddenly also always downloads the LSZH and Quiberon layout.json files, dont ask me why...