Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 70065 times)

sw34669

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2022, 05:40:23 pm »
Gone are the days when I sit here frustrated by software that is simply not fit for purpose and say nothing.
The developers knew of these issues and have chosen to say nothing. FSDT credibility has gone down the toilet.

agree
this reminds me of the high cpu with couatl64 in p3dv4 with gsx2 the issue went on for a while and we were told it was our machines turned out to be loading too much in the cruise that was being loaded etc

none of us have overly complex systems but most use gsx/gsx2 and im sorry Umberto you say they were designed to work together BUT THEY DONT look at this thread
instead of gaslighting us please please nip off and have a look at some of the code that could be causing these issues instead of forcing us all to play a blind guessing game of try this that like a game of whack a mole. Any other developer I know jusy says let me look into this when a thread gets to this many pages.
I updated again today and nothing new so is my node still not updating. I dont know of anyone that has a file dist system for updates that funtions like this and i work in IT have done for 4 decades.

question : what was the size (people) and duration of the beta period and what ratio of those machines had gsx/gsx2 and your other airports ?

the other strange thing is that normally beta participants are also long term forum members and chip in to help users on launch (MSfS/P3d/Lefterises mob etc) i dont see that here i cant find anything on this thread from someone saying i was in the beta and had prev versions of gsx and this is how i got it to work or this is whats different about my system that may be the issue for you. If anyone reading this was in the beta can you help can you give a quick rundown of your system etc.

I'll say again, regardless of if payware or freeware, there is nothing I use for MSFS that's like this. Nothing I do with GSO Pro works, uninstaling it all and re-installing turning off AV and firewall these are all just distractions that dont help and burn time.

lastlyI dont seem to have the desktop icon to start couatl_MSFS where can i find that ?

EDawg109

« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2022, 06:11:39 pm »
I'm so disappointed by this release of GSX. I was so excited about it, and now to find out that I have uninstall all my FSDT products for P3D in order to get the MSFS2020 ver. of GSX to run. How could the developers allow this to happen and there is no way they didn't know in advance that this was an issue. I guess I'll just uninstall GSX Pro until the developers get this all sorted out.

sevycool

« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2022, 06:21:04 pm »
Hello

I AM ''happy'' to see that i am not the only one with that problem. I got this message too ''COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS''

Does anyone know whats going on

any solution thanks

Bentree

« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2022, 07:10:24 pm »
Hello

I AM ''happy'' to see that i am not the only one with that problem. I got this message too ''COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS''

Does anyone know whats going on

any solution thanks

Uninstall all the FSDT airports, GSX for P3D, GSX Pro, addon manager, All FSDT programs and also the Virtuali directories you have on your system, then download FSDT installer again and only install GSX Pro (this is waht worked for me and a few others)
Don't forget to deregister your FSDT products before uninstalling !

Papagiorgio

« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2022, 08:14:53 pm »
Problem solved.

There is another long thread about this problem on this forum.  I solved my issue with this by uninstalling all FSdreamteam products, and Virtuali on BOTH, P3rd and MSFS. then reinstalling on MSFS ONLY.  That got it working.

Papagiorgio

drayton_k

« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2022, 09:09:54 pm »
No NOT solved!!
For previous owners of GSX within P3D this is not a solution. I and many other people are still using P3D and want GSX to work within that sim as well as FS2020. The developers need to get this problem sorted and quickly in my opinion.
Uninstalling a prefectly good working program within P3D is not what I and many others are prepared to do.

I have been a fan of FSDREAMTEAM products within P3D, but this product is dreadful and should not have been released without proper testing in BOTH sims. And THAT has not happened with this release.

airbadger

« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2022, 09:20:21 pm »
No NOT solved!!
For previous owners of GSX within P3D this is not a solution. I and many other people are still using P3D and want GSX to work within that sim as well as FS2020. The developers need to get this problem sorted and quickly in my opinion.
Uninstalling a prefectly good working program within P3D is not what I and many others are prepared to do.

I have been a fan of FSDREAMTEAM products within P3D, but this product is dreadful and should not have been released without proper testing in BOTH sims. And THAT has not happened with this release.

Huh, you aren't happy with the solution of uninstalling a bunch of other products you bought and paid for to get one to work? Wow, so hard to please. /s

may7day

« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2022, 09:31:48 pm »
I Uninstalled GSX, GSX 2 and GSX Pro. I also deleted the whole Addon Manager folder and started from scratch. I uninstalled the FSDT installer too. I installed a new installer and installed GSX Pro for MSFS. It worked fine. I proceeded to install GSX & GSX 2 for P3Dv5. I launched P3D and everything worked fine. When I went back to MSFS I got the dreaded Couatl error... I will wait for a better patch from FSDT.

NETWIZ

« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2022, 09:48:39 pm »
I also have the same problem.
After re-installing everything, I am now able to open the menu from the menubar but it will disappear after a short while.

Regards.
Michel

may7day

« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2022, 09:50:57 pm »
Only thing that may fix things for both sims is a working patch from FSDT. I can have either sim working by deleting one. I rather wait for a working patch.

dmaclaury

« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2022, 12:13:15 am »
Having the same problem here.

Uninstalled everything FSDT from my PC, manually removed the Addon Manager folder, the re-installed just the MSFS products. This worked, flew one flight with no problems.

Then, I re-installed my P3D FSDT products, and tried MSFS again, even after running auto-updater, etc. and no luck. COUATL engine couldn't start.

Quite disappointed since like many, I still use both P3D and MSFS.

edit: P3D GSX isn't working either, so back to step 0 I go!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:26:27 am by dmaclaury »
Daniel M
FSDT Products: KJFKv2, GSX. Flightbeam: KSFOHD.

daschla

« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2022, 12:21:47 am »
I Uninstalled GSX, GSX 2 and GSX Pro. I also deleted the whole Addon Manager folder and started from scratch. I uninstalled the FSDT installer too. I installed a new installer and installed GSX Pro for MSFS. It worked fine. I proceeded to install GSX & GSX 2 for P3Dv5. I launched P3D and everything worked fine. When I went back to MSFS I got the dreaded Couatl error... I will wait for a better patch from FSDT.

As I understood, FSDT suggests NOT to install P3D *after* MSFS but before. So the order of installation should be after deinstalling the whole stuff as follows:

1. GSX
2. GSX Level 2 Expension
3. P3D airports
4. GSX Pro
5. MSFS airports

Kind regards,
Daniel

daschla

« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2022, 12:22:30 am »

As I understood, FSDT suggests NOT to install P3D *after* MSFS but before. So the order of installation should be after deinstalling the whole stuff as follows:

1. GSX
2. GSX Level 2 Expension
3. P3D airports
4. GSX Pro
5. MSFS airports

Umberto, could you please confirm this? I don't know what happens if the Live Updater is run.

Kind regards,
Daniel
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:24:43 am by daschla »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2022, 02:06:04 am »
Yes, I said in many threads we know it's possible that having the P3D version previously installed might cause issue.

More precisely, is not SUPPOSED to cause issues because, the moment you install GSX Pro, the updater will download all the latest files, which are designed to be cross-compatible with both. The issue is, if your local cloudflare node is stuck with the old P3D-only version of a particular piece of code, the updater won't get the new one, and this surely cause issues.

Installing the P3D version before might fix the problem or not, depending if your local cloudflare node is fully updated or not. In fact, if we could be sure all cloudflare nodes are ready, the installation order won't even matter, because the Live update which is ran as the last step of every installer would surely update everything to the last version, no matter how old your P3D installer is. That's because even the updater program *ITSELF* is downloaded in realtime by the whatever old P3D installer you have.

However, since it seems that for some users the problems are still happening, it means the whole cloudflare network hasn't been fully updated yet so, IN THE MEANTIME, we can offer the following suggestions:

- Install GSX Pro after GSX and GSX L2. In fact, any other installation order can simply summarized as "install GSX Pro LAST"

- If that still doesn't work, and you have errors you are not normally supposed to have, like the one reported by so many users in line 411 of GSX (which is 100% sure it's a server problem, since that line doesn't contain that code anymore now, so it's coming from an old file), if you remove GSX for P3D, possibly also clean up the Addon manager\Couatl and Addon manager\Couatl64 folders as well, and install just GSX Pro, it should get you going in MSFS, at least. This while you wait an update for the P3D full installer, which will contain all the latest files, so it won't install old stuff in any case.

AaronMyers

« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2022, 02:30:30 am »
I only have MSFS installed and do not have any components installed for anything related to P3D and it still does not work for me. If it loads without the scripting engine error, the window simply does not open. I can click all day and nothing happens. Other times I switch airports and it will say scripting engine is not running and it is plainly seen in the taskbar.

I feel like the time for blaming out of date servers is past and it's time to start thinking of a new solution. Even the lowest of budget hosting providers should be able to replicate content by now.