Author Topic: Super Slow Downloads  (Read 852 times)

xusmcxjasonx

Super Slow Downloads
« on: May 25, 2022, 01:41:25 pm »
I have been trying to download gsx and sceneries for a while now and I am only getting 500 KB/s where as my internet speed is around 700 MBPS. I tried using a VPN (surfshark) to no avail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jason M.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Super Slow Downloads
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 10:01:24 pm »
Nobody reported this, and downloads should be extremely fast, since you are not downloading from our server, you are downloading from the Cloudflare node closest to you, one of the 260+ nodes around the world, meaning things like server overload or slow downloads speeds because everybody is downloading from a single server, cannot happen.

In fact, even if our own main server went completely off-line, the only things that would stop working for users would be dynamic content like this forum, but static content like images or static web pages AND downloads would continue to work, because their a cached on all Cloudflare nodes, they are only refreshed when we update an installer.

Fact you don't see any change with a VPN, which will surely trigger a download from a different Cloudflare node, should eliminate the possible reason of your local Cloudflare node being out of service or other routing problems possibly related to  your ISP.

The only possible explanation then is something on your network, or possibly a firewall/antivirus issue. Do you have a friend you can ask downloading, just as a test ?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 10:03:53 pm by virtuali »