Author Topic: No jetways at Aflosim Bucharest LROP **SOLVED**  (Read 1217 times)

westbros

No jetways at Aflosim Bucharest LROP **SOLVED**
« on: May 21, 2022, 12:40:24 pm »
Hi. I have GSX Levels 1 & 2 with P3D v4.5. I recently installed Aflosim's Bucharest LROP scenery. The developer states in the scenery description that it comes only with static jetways. So I installed Cartayna's package for this scenery. However no jetways are visible. When landing in LROP for the first time I parked up at the gate, it was not possible to activate the invisible jetway, so I requested steps instead, and these arrived only at the aft door. This suggests that GSX is expecting a jetway at the forward door - but it is not there. I have followed the instructions with the Cartayna package exactly, and I have installed it again to check there hadn't been an error, but there are still no jetways. I have restarted Couatl, but to no avail.

Please could somebody advise how to fix this. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:43:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No jetways at Aflosim Bucharest LROP
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 07:49:12 pm »
The developer states in the scenery description that it comes only with static jetways. So I installed Cartayna's package for this scenery. However no jetways are visible.

If the scenery came with static jetways, but now you can't see them anymore, it means the jetway EXCLUSION .BGL is working. If you don't see GSX replacement jetways, check all the following:

- Is the GSX profile being loaded when you are on that airport ? In the GSX customization page, it will tell you the name of the airport AFCAD and the name of the GSX profile in use. If the AFCAD is the correct one, but the profile hasn't been loaded, it's possible you copied it in the wrong folder. The correct folder is %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX.

The AFCAD name of the scenery MUST match the AFCAD name in the GSX .INI profile. The path is irrelevant, only the name matters. If the scenery was updated and the AFCAD name changed, the GSX profile won't be loaded.

- Does that profile use/require custom textures for operators ? Have you copied them to the correct folder ?

- Does that profile use some GSX jetways that are not included with GSX ? Some 3rd party profiles called some jetways coming from other FSDT sceneries, like KCLT or KSDF or KORD, which are not included in GSX, so that profile won't work unless you have these sceneries installed. Doesn't matter if you bought them or not, but you must install them in Trial, their jetways can be used by GSX.

westbros

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 09:30:50 pm »
Hi Umberto. In the GSX Customization page I can see the name of the AFCAD but not the GSX profile in use. This scenery comes with 4 different AFCADs which are installed through the scenery config utility which looks like this:

I have already tried using the static jetways, but this didn't work, so I have now switched back to the animated jetways. The GSX profile I am using is lrop-cartayna-V6.ini, and this is correctly installed in the Virtuali/GSX folder. However the AFCAD path in the .ini file is
afcad_path = D:\P4D\Addon Scenery\LROP Bucharest - P3D - Afl0Sim\scenery\Airport work.BGL

The correct AFCAD for the animated jetways is Airport.BGL. Can I simply edit the .ini file to show the correct AFCAD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 11:46:22 am »
Hi Umberto. In the GSX Customization page I can see the name of the AFCAD but not the GSX profile in use.

That means GSX has loaded no profile, which is absolutely correct, considering the names are not matching.

The correct AFCAD for the animated jetways is Airport.BGL. Can I simply edit the .ini file to show the correct AFCAD?

That will make GSX loading the scenery but, it's not guaranteed how well it will work. If the developer changed the AFCAD filename, it's possible he might have changed something, and if these affected parking names or their position, the customization made for the previous version might not work well.

westbros

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 10:17:37 pm »
Editing the .ini file solved the problem perfectly. The .ini file now matches the AFCAD, and the GSX profile is also displayed on the GSX Customization page. Thanks for your help.