Author Topic: MSFS 2020 Community Folder  (Read 1179 times)

Punit

MSFS 2020 Community Folder
« on: May 10, 2022, 04:22:08 pm »
Hi Mr. Humberto,

I own both P3d v4.5 and MSFS 2020 and both are installed in my pc but I own only GSX for P3dv4 and haven't purchased anything for MSFS 2020 yet. The problem is when I run FSDG Live Update I see that it detected the community folder of my MSFS 2020 and after sometime the windows disappears as if I had a CTD.

I am not sure how to change the path to the folder where I have installed Prepar3d and why the Live Update crashes like this.

I already had this error twice saying "airport cache generated with FAILURE" and I hand to reinstall the GSX both the times.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS 2020 Community Folder
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 05:29:15 pm »
The problem is when I run FSDG Live Update I see that it detected the community folder of my MSFS 2020

Why you think this is a problem ? If you don't have anything for MSFS installed, it won't do anything with it.

and after sometime the windows disappears as if I had a CTD.

This has been discussed so many times: when you start the updater as an updater ( with the FSDT Live Update icon ), it will automatically QUIT at the end of the update process. Since when the update check or process is done and there's nothing you could do other than exit, so the program exits automatically, saving you an useless confirmation step.

That's because now there's another mode to run the updater, which is the Install mode ( run with the FSDT Installer icon ), which lets you control the update process, do other things, check single products, etc. Note that, in order to have the FSDT Installer icon, you must install the FSDT Universal Installer at least once.

I am not sure how to change the path to the folder where I have installed Prepar3d

The P3D installation folder doesn't matter, at all, for FSDT products since years. It's only used to *check* if you have installed P3D, but NOTHING is installed there so, you can move your P3D installation, it won't matter.

This because all our products are proper P3D products, that strictly follow the P3D guidelines of:

- Not installing anything in the sim

- Use an add-on.xml file located in the Documents\Prepar3d add-on, containing path to where our files are located.

This way, the only thing that matters is the FSDT Addon Manager folder, everything is installed there, nothing is installed in the sim. All our installations has been like this since the day P3D4 came out, in 2017 so, nothing is new, really.