Author Topic: PMDG 777-200 Jetways too high  (Read 1512 times)

buzinka1

PMDG 777-200 Jetways too high
« on: May 09, 2022, 05:53:23 pm »
At some payware addon airports supported by GSX, for example Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0, the jetways dock too high at the PMDG 777-200. This cannot be set in the gsx menu "customize aircraft" either.
Uwe Seidel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777-200 Jetways too high
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 10:48:34 am »
Which kind of jetways this airport use ? I can see from its description on Aerosoft site, it comes with optional SODE jetways, which means if you enabled them, GSX doesn't have much any control on how jetways work.

GSX will tell you exactly the kind of jetway in use in its airport customization page. If it says "XML jetway", it means that gate has a SODE jetway that comes with the scenery, which you can't edit in GSX, since it's defined in its own SODE XML file in the SODE folder, the only thing GSX does with it, is to let those jetways be controlled with the GSX menu.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 10:51:04 am by virtuali »

buzinka1

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 11:40:59 am »
If the supplied jetways don't work properly with PMDG 777, I would have to delete the relevant *.bgl files from the scenery and then replace them with GSX jetways, very complicated and a lot of work...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 06:01:24 pm »
If the supplied jetways don't work properly with PMDG 777, I would have to delete the relevant *.bgl files from the scenery and then replace them with GSX jetways, very complicated and a lot of work...

As I've said, there's no telling what you can do, without knowing if you are using SODE jetways or not, which as I read on the Aerosoft site, are an option on the scenery. That's why I said to check the GSX customization menu, which will tell you exactly which jetways this scenery is using.

If they are SODE jetways, they are not in any .BGL, but the XML SODE folder under C:\ProgramData\12bpilot

If they are standard jetways, they are in a .BGL, and can be excluded either by removing their .BGL library file, or following the GSX suggested exclusion method, which is explained in the manual, and we have a video tutorial linked as sticky on this forum.

In any case, regardless if the jetways are standard, or 3rd party SODE, GSX has no control over of well ( or how bad ) they work.

But that's one of the points of GSX L2: you can replace jetways from a 3rd party scenery, and you'll find the GSX ones usually work better, if only because there's plenty of models of different sizes, which makes impossible not being able to find a jetway that doesn't solve on a particular gate.

buzinka1

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 05:11:03 pm »
I only have one fuerte 2007 xml file in the c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder...

The tutorial videos for excluding the *.bgl-jetways are, as I have seen, for prepar 3d, in FSX there is no "exlude" button on the "parking" tab...

I've had semi-successful manual removal of EDDF_jetway_LIB.BGL for example
at Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 11:23:37 am »
I only have one fuerte 2007 xml file in the c:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder...

Some developers places their custom jetways in the SDX folder.

The tutorial videos for excluding the *.bgl-jetways are, as I have seen, for prepar 3d, in FSX there is no "exlude" button on the "parking" tab...

The tutorial is valid and works exactly the same for FSX as well. If there's no Exclude button, it's because the scenery ALREADY has SODE jetways. Which is why I told you to check the scenery customization page in GSX: it will TELL YOU which kind of jetway the scenery has.

As I've said in my first reply, if it says "XML jetways", it means that IS a SODE jetway, so it's entirely normal you don't have the Exclude button, because you must remove the XML SODE file belonging to the scenery first.

I've had semi-successful manual removal of EDDF_jetway_LIB.BGL for example at Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0.

That's because the scenery might not use SODE for all jetways. Some of them might be static, or the scenery might have alternate configurations from SODE to non-SODE that might be switched with an external utility.

buzinka1

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 08:55:40 pm »
"The tutorial is valid and works exactly the same for FSX as well. If there's no Exclude button, it's because the scenery ALREADY has SODE jetways."

Sorry, the exclude button is a few lines higher in FSX, I didn't see it right away. the exchange of jetways then worked as in the tutorial.

The exchange only works if GSX recognizes "Parking has 1 bgl Jetway" at the airport, otherwise they can be excluded, but are still there after restarting FSX.

Some airports such as Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg have static jetways that I just can't get rid of. What can I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 12:38:19 pm »
The exchange only works if GSX recognizes "Parking has 1 bgl Jetway" at the airport, otherwise they can be excluded, but are still there after restarting FSX.

Obviously. How you'd expect GSX could exclude a Jetway that is just not there ?

Some airports such as Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg have static jetways that I just can't get rid of. What can I do?

Quoting from GSX manual, Page 13:

IMPORTANT

Some sceneries might have Jetways which are static, and those cannot always be replaced, depending how they are made.

• If a Jetway is static, but it’s modeled as a separate object, usually placed in a “Library .BGL”, it can be replaced by GSX with the same method explained above.
• If a Jetway is static, but it’s modeled as part of the same 3D mesh of the buildings it belongs to, it cannot be replaced by GSX. Not without disabling the whole building, of course

Note that, is not really "impossible" to remove static jetways from a scenery, it's just a bit complex, and requires to edit the original scenery. Here's a tutorial how to do that:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19375.msg134351.html#msg134351

buzinka1

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 10:10:37 am »
My problem seems to be that I have too many old (aerosoft) sceneries where the jetways are compatible with AES, which I uninstalled because it has much less features than GSX.

I've added GSX jetways to some static gates and I can live with that quite well.

Some presumably newer sceneries can be perfectly adjusted with GSX.

Best regards

Uwe