Author Topic: Possibility of updated afcad?  (Read 7686 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Possibility of updated afcad?
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:25:29 am »
Hi there to all

First off I must say that this has to be by far my fav fsdt scenery to date!!! Love it to the max. Just an absolute amazing job on it fellas. I do have one complaint really. The afcad seems to be a bit basic. Would it be possible for there to be an updated version of the afcad?? One that has some military parking to go along with the MWAI Hickham C17 package, and also some ga parking. Thanks guys!

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Possibility of updated afcad?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 07:07:52 am »
Anyone?

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
Mr. "bkircher,"
I've spent a good part of my afternoon (yesterday) looking at the AFCAD using Flight1's AFX (Demo) and compaired it to their other work, like KJFK.  Let me tell you that the PHNL AFCAD is far from complete.  This is probably because of time constraints, etc.  But, I for one would like to have it FULLY updated for full functionality by the FSDT Team.  So, along with you, makes us at least two wanting this... ;)

Here's my post: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2664.msg22608#msg22608
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

collins

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:22:45 pm »
I have added some military parking to fit around the static C17's using Airport Design Editor 9x. It isn't
perfect as I haven't used this program before however it seems to have the desired effect

Feel free to give it a go as a stop gap until FSDT produce their updated one but do remenber to back
up your original bgl file.

Airport Design Editor is a free program, just Google it and have a play.

Jon

mikced

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 05:35:11 pm »
Great news, is it FSX or FS9 AFCAD?
Will this AFCAD also update the GA parking area or only military parkings. I just purchased Honolulu and did a Piper PA 28 flight to the airport and while the surrounding is breathtaking the AFCAD is absolutetly not, at least not for general aviation! They have two locations called "west" and "Parikng" both located in very strange places close to the military area. As I do all my flying with light aircraft the GA parkign area of Honolulu is very important. Looking at a airport diagram anf Google maps it seem most GA traffic is in the south east part of the airport not the west area.

Cheers
Mike

collins

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 07:38:38 pm »
It's for FSX.I haven't really gone that deep into parking realistic parking but I have
put about 5 extra large GA parking spot over near the cargo area.

Use 'PARKING 8 RAMP GA' for a starting point.

B regards, Jon

mikced

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »
Thanks. I really appriciate your effort with the AFCAD.

cheers
Mike

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 07:59:48 am »
Anyone have a newer updated afcad?

Menemeth

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:21 am »
Anyone have a newer updated afcad?

I have a funny feeling they're working on an update, including an AFCAD for FS9 & FSX. In the meantime, some of the folks are doing their own AFCAD's.  :)

jf5999

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 06:32:25 am »
I'm working on my own AFCAD, so could somebody with a pretty good knowledge fill me on on a few of these things, if you don't mind. :)
1. Where is all the GA parking?
2. Where does Aloha Air Cargo park?
3. What runways are most commonly used?
Thanks!

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 07:16:31 am »
1. Cargo and most ga is on the East side of the airfield. Search HNL on bing maps
2. RUnways most used, I would have to say for takeoff is 8L. Landing is a mix between 4L and 8R. Unfortunately in FSX or FS9 you cant program a runway to only be active during certain times of the day. The runways really depend on the time of day and the trade winds off the ocean.

Also I have made my own afcad mod, but when I was troubleshooting the scenery in the other thread, I loaded stock nav data for the airfield, which caused me to lose my xwind runways that the default FSDT afcad came with. Attached is my afcad, can some one put that back in or redo the technique?? I do not know how to do it. When you open it in ade it shows that the fake runways are still there but, they do not work.
Thanks!