Author Topic: Airline coded parking  (Read 4843 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Airline coded parking
« on: March 24, 2022, 05:48:22 pm »
 Greetings Umberto, as users at this point can't very easily code their own ade's without like we did in P3d, any chance that they can be added to other airports like you did with KORD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airline coded parking
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 12:15:44 am »
Are you sure there are no crashing issues with AI now, even 3rd party ones ?

I only use default AI, and never had any crashes but, a while ago we were wrongly accused ( it happened for CYVR ) of "crashing the sim", when in fact it was always an AI problem, and removing the codes was a way to prevent that.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 04:50:33 am »
  So far my MSFS hasn't crashed even once with AIG AI and I've modified dozens of the default airports for AI parking. The update to ORD with airline codes was certainly much better than with none, but it still needs a lot of work. 

Er!k

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 06:53:54 pm »
I also have some airports with custom AI codes (Flytampa for example) and no crashes at all. Adding at least some codes improves the immersion a lot now a lot of people start to use AI (again).

highflyer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 11:59:32 am »
I agree, airline codes ist a MUST HAVE for any decent payware scenery.  With FSTL's new AI traffic I don't have any crashes.  From a support perspective maybe you can add it as an (unsupported) option for now?

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 11:24:24 am »
I'd love to see this. At least the correct gate for the A380 and AI using the correct runways

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2023, 06:12:23 pm »
Umberto, can we at least get an unencrypted AFCAD so we can do airline coded parking as a community please? I asked someone who does airline coded parking for many, many airports and he'd do it, but he says the AFCAD of FSDT LSZH is encrypted, he cannot do it the way he does for other airports.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2023, 02:40:51 pm »
Dear Umberto,
There is a nice list you can use to insert the correct parking spots: Page 124 to 126 in this document https://ch.ivao.aero/download/documents/LSZH_ATMM.pdf

I have also corrected/ added some airlines;
ICAO - Gate:

GSW - B,C,D,E
PGT - E
MSC - E
CTN - A,H,I
EJU - A4B,A
TWI - E
THY - E
KLM - A,B,C,D
SVA - E
CYP - B
AFR - A,B
ASL - E
ETH - E, C
ITY - A,B
EZY - E
CFG - A
LZB - E
BYD - C
AXY - H, P

please consider adding this or at least decrypt the airport so we can do it ourselves. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 11:35:18 am by Brokenbroccoli »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2023, 03:13:06 am »
Thanks for the list, I'll try adding them as soon as possible.

Yapoyapo2

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:38 pm »
Oh yes please, I would be so happy if you could add that. For me personally, if I see the planes not parked at their correct gates, it‘s the biggest immersion killer. Could you let us know when you have done it? I really hope that it‘s easy and can be done in the next few days. Thanks!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2024, 02:11:04 pm »
The update with Parking codes is Live now, version 1.6.5

village1111

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2024, 08:28:35 am »
I wish me also a release at the MSFS marketplace. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2024, 01:00:42 pm »
I wish me also a release at the MSFS marketplace. :)

Marketplace updates can't be released as quickly as our updates, since they need to go through Microsoft approval process.

Yapoyapo2

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2024, 12:26:45 pm »
Thank you so much for this update. I have been waiting for it since the release. Unfortunately I‘m not home for a longer period of time. So could someone send me a picture of how it looks with the injected traffic in gate E? I would appreciate that a lot.

Have a great week!

Ankh

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2024, 02:20:59 pm »
Thank you so much for this update. I have been waiting for it since the release. Unfortunately I‘m not home for a longer period of time. So could someone send me a picture of how it looks with the injected traffic in gate E? I would appreciate that a lot.

Dont want to ruin your party, but in my case, all heavies are sitting on Terminal A or B or close to the hangars south of RWY34. Means: completely wrong. Still have to check if something is conflicting in my case, it might be that the "new" option for reduced wingspan in AIGAIM is not working well with the adjusted AFCAD. Would be rather annoying, because it improves the situation on almost any other airport I tested so far.