Author Topic: GSX and LINDA  (Read 1741 times)

RYR16961

GSX and LINDA
« on: March 13, 2022, 02:36:39 am »
Up until the most recent update, the GSX door automation provided by the LINDA interface has been working perfectly - now it appears to be broken.  When FSX loads, I am still receiving the message "LINDA GSX door automation enabled", but the doors no longer open and close in synchronisation with the ground services.  This was an extremely useful feature which only added a further level of realism, but now it just doesn't work.  I have tried re-installing both LINDA and GSX, but to no avail.  My LINDA config remains the same - the only thing that has changed is the GSX update...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX and LINDA
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 03:24:58 am »
Is it possible that the LINDA code needs updating.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and LINDA
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 11:42:07 am »
Nothing has changed in the way GSX publishes and set its own variables. It's simply possible the author of the Linda scripts might have made some assumption about timings, or when things happens, that could require an update of the Linda code.

Door automation is not as easy as it seems, we'll be forced to do it in GSX for MSFS, because most default airplanes don't have any way to open their doors under users control, and it's quite tricky, because the code must be sure no open commands will be sent twice, which changes depending how many stairs the airplane has and when all GSX stairs all reach the door so, it's tricky for us, I guess it's even trickier for an external program.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 11:45:13 am by virtuali »