Author Topic: Addon Manager **SOLVED**  (Read 38374 times)

ingoke

Re: Addon Manager
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:30 pm »
Hi, it´s me again.

I calmed down a bit and did some more reading in this forum. For some reason I decided to de-, then to reinstall PHNL and guess what!? Everything is fine. I really don´t have a clue what went wrong during the first installation process.....

Flightsimming is more about computers and software than virtual flying. I spend about just as much time keeping the sim running as it should as I do in the air.  :o

Hope you don´t hate me for turning nuts.

Ingo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 09:25:12 pm »
This evening I installed PHNL which lead to double entries in the FSX.cfg. I deleted the double entries (coutl.exe and bglmanx) in the trusted section and ran the stand alone addon manager installation again. Now none of your sceneries show up.

Double entries in the Trusted section is NOT an error. It simply means that a new version of that module has been trusted so, FSX will not repeat the trusting question again for that specific version. But, as I've said, the fact you have several entries for the same module, it's not a problem, at all.

The suggestion of removing the entries is not because just having entries (single or double, it doesn't matter), it a problem. It's because the FSX trust system cleary has issues because, the SAME module that the 1st time is trusted is wrongly labeled as problematic, it always run, either by launching FSX again, or by rebooting Windows.  Removing all the entries, it's just a way to force FSX to redo the trusting question, nothing more.

Explanations like some other programm has corrupted this and that file really don´t help, because no other scenery is that "vulnerable" or easy to mess up.

Explanation are correct. And no other scenery is "vulnerable", because doesn't use a dll module which, as been explained many times, does too much for the scenery and it wouldn't work without. But, it's absolutely not true that no modules are so "vulnerable", because if you simply look at other support forums, you'll see that everyone else that depends on .dll modules has similar issues, trusting issue, antivirus issues, etc.

This is the only major gripe we have on FSX: the requirement for all modules to be trusted, which is obviously bugged, and the dependency from the XML files to load modules. FS9 DOES NOT have all these issues, because modules don't need Trusting, and everything that is placed under the MODULES folder will just be loaded automatically.

What can I do next without having to reinstall everything (something I really don´t have the time for)?

The first and easiest solution, is always this:

- Uninstall PHNL. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?"

- Reinstall PHNL. If you see the Trusting message, trust all modules.

- If you see the "3rd party module" error message, keep ignoring it and ALLOW the module to run. Do this a couple of times. If it doesn't go away, reboot Windows and try again. It WILL go away.

Kevin

• CRJ2
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 03:13:32 am »
I did a reformat just 2 months ago with the same exact settings. So yes your answer will be there's no fix, it's fscopilot BUT, why would this problem happen right now. None of my settings are any different on my computer. Have all the same sceneries and version of fscopilot. I just wanted to say I have never had any sort of issues with your sceneries. The fscopilot version has not changed in a very long time. FSDT sceneries do....that's why my conclusion would obviously be your sceneries.

KB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 03:29:24 am »
The fscopilot version has not changed in a very long time. FSDT sceneries do...

The only thing that changed recently, it's the installer doesn't put our module before FS Copilot, as it used to do, in order not having blocked by it.  This because we now use the standard MS XML parser to add section, which it's easier and more reliable, with strangely formatted XML files, but there's no way to exchange the order using that method.

That's why I've immediately said to try exchanging the loading order. However, if this doesn't change anything, I really have no clue. However, the undeniable fact is, as proven from the old post from 2007 on the Cloud9 forum, that FS Copilot was known to have issues with our module since 3 years already.

It shouldn't be strange that it doesn't work now: it should be strange that it did before. BTW, the FS9 version (which, as I've said, it's *exactly* the same .DLL that works in FSX as well), constantly crash on exit on my system, even if the FS9 WORKS with the FS9 version of our Addon Manager.

.that's why my conclusion would obviously be your sceneries.

No so fast. There are other things that keep changing, and it's the various Windows updates, which over time changes a lot of system .DLL so, it's surely possible that, one of these updates has made the problem (that always existed) between FS Copilot and our own module, to reappear.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:34:35 am by virtuali »

Kevin

• CRJ2
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 07:55:23 pm »
I think you need to consider a solution because your answer to everyone that uses fscopilot and purchases your scenery can not be install squawkbox. Addon Manager is ridiculous and has always been a pain.

KB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 12:12:36 am »
I think you need to consider a solution because your answer to everyone that uses fscopilot and purchases your scenery can not be install squawkbox.

As a matter of fact, they have to. Don't you think that, if the problem could be fixed from our side, we would tried it already ? Have you followed the explanation ?

If the issue is caused by a conflict between something that FS Copilot use, which is most likely a system component, why should be fixed from our side, considering that our module is constantly kept updated, while FS Copilot hasn't been upgraded for a lot of time ?

There's not a support forum open anymore...how can we possible get a clue why their module create this issue ? Not that we didn't already, a while ago. The reply was they don't have any clue either.

Addon Manager is ridiculous and has always been a pain.

That's not the case. The fact is that  FS Copilot that is the ONE AND ONLY 3rd party module that doesn't work together with the Addon Manager.

You might have had a point, if you were able to name *another* 3rd party module that doesn't work together with FS Copilot. None of the most commonly used ones has such issue. We have users with a DLL.XML file with *dozen* of modules installed, and NONE create this issue, only FS Copilot.

I repeat and confirm, you have to switch to Squawbox, which works without issues with the Addon Manager, like any other module out there we know of, except FS Copilot.

chrisfsx15

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 03:03:58 am »
Kevin is 100% correct.  Let me get one thing across first...I DONT HAVE FSCOPILOT EVEN INSTALLED.  Ok...now, I recently reinstalled my ORD scenery that I purchased maybe a year ago.  When doing so it updated my version of addon manager automatically.  I run fsx and it asks me if I trust addon manager and if i want to run it...i click yes...load up and reactivate my scenery.  Later in the day I go to open fsx and I dont even make it past the FSX splash screen.  I unistall my fsdt sceneries and addon manager and my fsx runs fine.  CLEARLY, the lastest addon manager is corrupt and needs to be fixed.  What am i now, the 3rd person with the same issue? Iv had fdt sceneries for a longgg time and never had an issue till now and its the sameone kevin is having.  Id like to see this fixed or I would like atleast half of my money back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 03:25:54 am »
Kevin is 100% correct.

No, he's not, because he's having a problem only if FS Copilot is installed. If he removes FS Copilot, FSX runs fine.

I'm just saying that we'll NOT pursue THIS issue, because FS Copilot is the one and only module that doesn't work with the Addon Manager, it hasn't been updated for ages, and there's no even an official website/forum right now, that users might go asking for ideas.

Everything else related to the Addon Manger, we'll WILL hunt down and help everyone. Just not, in the one and only case, where FSX runs fine, and stop working with the Addon Manager ONLY because FS Copilot. This is the only case when there's just nothing we can do, because we don't have the slightest idea why FS Copilot does this.

Let me get one thing across first...I DONT HAVE FSCOPILOT EVEN INSTALLED.

Then you have a different issue.

What am i now, the 3rd person with the same issue? Iv had fdt sceneries for a longgg time and never had an issue till now and its the sameone kevin is having

No, you don't have the same issue as kevin because, if he removes FS Copilot, FSX runs correctly so, clearly, the Addon Manager works on his machine, without FS Copilot. So, your issue is different.

Now, let's try to see why it doens't work on YOUR machine:

Let's start again from scratch:

Please describe, exactly, how FSX stops.

Do you see any error ? Or it just quits ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:28:55 am by virtuali »

Kevin

• CRJ2
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 06:59:13 pm »
Ok I think you have convinced me to try squawkbox because I am missing your sceneries and the QW757. Just a quick question about it(I know this isn't their support but maybe you will know) How do you change one of their default aircraft modules to one of yours. Such as I want to change the default Delta B752 paint from theirs to my better looking module. This is why I did not want to switch because it's such a pain getting all that back in there and I don't know how. Thanks

KB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 07:10:44 pm »
You can install new repaint ( lots of them ) with the QualityWings 757. In fact, we wrote the Livery Manager for them...however, I really don't know if it would be possible to merge it with a different model.

Kevin

• CRJ2
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 08:00:22 pm »
I just purchased the Ultimate Traffic 2 for FSX and there's and already made file for it so that it will display all the vatsim traffic with the modules from it which is really cool. Their great modules and I see in one of their JFK pictures it looks like your scenery. Thanks

KB

allybear21

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 06:05:30 am »
Is there anyway to get a download link for the old add on manager?  This is really frustrating!  My FSX worked great with FScopilot installed and all of your sceneries until Honolulu.  Now it is broken and will not start unless I uninstall the add on manager.  Of course my aircraft of choice is the QW757 of which I cannot get to load anymore either.  This just sucks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:43 pm »
The Addon Manager hasn't been updated for PHNL release.

The version that was released with PHNL is exactly the same that was released with the QW757 so, if you had the QW757 working previously with the Addon Manager and FS Copilot, it means the reason why they don't work together now, doesn't have anything to do with PHNL release, but it should have been apparent with the QW757 release as well, IF it was really depending by the Addon Manager.

And no, there's no way to use a version of the Addon Manager *older* than the one that came with the QW757 because that one will not work with the QW757 either.

As I've said, there's no other solution right now, than to use Squawbox. The only thing I can say is that, when the FS Copilot support forum will eventually reappear, we'll try to get in touch with them again, it just doesn't make any sense trying to fixing something that is not even supported at this time.

allybear21

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:56 pm »
All I know is that I have used theQW757 from the day it came out until the day I put PHNL on my system and it worked like gold.  Now, it does not work at all.  I have uninstalled FSCOPILOT and FSINN and it still will not open up FSX.  Your solution of blaming everything on FSCOPILOT is unacceptable!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2010, 01:51:11 pm »
All I know is that I have used theQW757 from the day it came out until the day I put PHNL on my system and it worked like gold.

That's only confirms what I've said: since the Addon Manager that has been released with PHNL is the same that comes with the QW757, and it has NOT been updated for the PHNL release, it means that what created the problem between this FS Copilot, is something else, possibly a Windows Update because, if it WAS the Addon Manager, you should have seen this problem with the QW757 already because the .DLL it's the same as the one that came with PHNL. At least until late yesterday night, because we put another update online.

Just FYI, the Addon Manager that comes with the QW757 and with PHNL, it's version 2.7.0.16. The one we put up yesterday night it's 2.7.0.17 - It will be automatically downloaded whenever a scenery installer or the Stand-alone Addon Manager installer are launched.

Now, it does not work at all.  I have uninstalled FSCOPILOT and FSINN and it still will not open up FSX.  

Without FS Copilot, as confirmed by other posts here, the Addon Manager works. The FS Copilot issues manifests in this exact way: FSX loads, but it hangs on the "Create Flight" screen.

If you have another issue, please state exactly what's happening here.

And, try to reinstall the Stand-alone Addon Manager because there's already a new version onlilne (which doesn't have anything to do the with FS Copilot and it will not fix the FS Copilot issue), but it might be better to fix other errors, not related to FS Copilot, that might happen.

Your solution of blaming everything on FSCOPILOT is unacceptable!

Wrong. You don't seem to understand what I've said.

The facts are:

- FS Copilot is the only and one 3rd party module that is known to crash together with the Addon Manger. None of the other popular addon modules, from FSUIPC to Wilco, to PMDG, to Aerosoft have this issue.

- This DOES'T mean I'm "blaming everything on FS Copilot", which is obviously wrong. Since FS Copilot hasn't been updated in ages, it might just be a *victim* of something that has been updated in Windows, like a security fix or something similar.

And, as I've said, since there's nobody to support it and no discussion on their forum, which is not active at the moment, it's difficult to say what can be causing this because, obviously, we don't know what might affect FS Copilot, like with libraries it needs, etc.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:55:36 pm by virtuali »