Products Support > Zurich scenery for FSX/P3D

unable to activate **SOLVED**

<< < (2/4) > >>

Scorpio47:
I only found one instance in the add-ons.cfg under ROAMING, but I then decieded to de-install all my sceneries and was indeed asked if I wanted to delete AddonManager. I answered with YES and rebooted.
Then reinstalled the sceneries again and now have only one instance of AddonManager in the P3D menu showing all sceneries as ACTIVE.

I hope this will solve that problem once and forever and shall enjoy your excellent work again! :-)

Thank and all the best to you and yours,
Jürgen

Scorpio47:
Good evening, Umberto:

One more thing I found now:

I want to install the new version 2 of O´Hare for P3D5, but get this error message (first pic).

However both in control panel AND in the Addon Manager there is no version of KORD whatsoever....

What can I do to enjoy the Chicago scenery in trial mode first with a view to later buying it?

THANK YOU, Umberto!

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Scorpio47 on October 12, 2021, 07:47:55 pm ---However both in control panel AND in the Addon Manager there is no version of KORD whatsoever....
--- End quote ---

It seems you must have it a while ago, removed it manually, and forget about it, which left things that would be removed by the Uninstaller, but not if you remove it manually. The KORD V2 installer checks for this folder:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_OhareX

If it's there, just remove it. Assuming, of course, the rest of the scenery has been removed. If it hasn't, it's in Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\OhareX. However, if you still have this folder, be sure you don't have the scenery in the Scenery Library.

Again, all of this is not normally required, if you always run the Uninstaller.

Scorpio47:
Thank you, Umberto!
Actually there was still that entry in the Misc directory and it was dated 14.2.2019  :-(
I removed it, and also the directory OHareX from the Fsdreamteam directory as you suggested.

No more traces found after that..... and I could then install KORD v2 without any problems.
It is in TRIAL mode as it should be for now.....
However, the manager tells me that KJFKv2 is ACTIVE but not installed..... How can that be, as I reinstalled that scenery just a few hours ago???

See pic below...

Thank you again for your help and kind support. Have a good night!
Best regards
Jürgen

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Scorpio47 on October 12, 2021, 10:48:15 pm ---However, the manager tells me that KJFKv2 is ACTIVE but not installed..... How can that be, as I reinstalled that scenery just a few hours ago???
--- End quote ---

Not installed means "not installed in the Scenery Library" so, fact you have the files, doesn't mean it's installed in the Scenery Library.

Of course, our installer WILL put it in the Scenery Library which, in case of P3D 4/5, means it will create an add-on.xml in the Documents\Prepar3d V5 Addons, and activate it. So, under normal circumstances, when you install using the installer, it will be installed.

But, since in both the previous cases, it seems you either installed something very old or removed something manually, or both, I cannot possibly tell what other problems you had with JFK V2, which caused an incomplete installation, which never happens normally.

Reinstall JFK and pay attention for any errors. And check if the add-on.xml for it has been created ( it always does but, with your system, everything seems to work strangely... )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version