Author Topic: Installation issues  (Read 1795 times)

barrykensett

Installation issues
« on: September 22, 2021, 04:24:56 pm »
I have upgraded P3D to V5 and tried to reinstall GSX.
I get a fatal error about simconnect but no other information, can you give me a clue?
Simconnect us installed and works fine on other programs.
Barry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation issues
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 11:14:09 am »
It would be best to have more detail about the error, at least knowing where it's coming from.

barrykensett

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:11:06 pm »
I don't know where it is coming from. I have not seen it before on earlier versions of P3D.
I have had the problem reported by other users where not all six files download but on deleting and downloading again that is fixed.
The loading process seems to be going normally until just about at the end a red "fatal error" warning comes up citing simconnect error.
Proceeding beyond that point seems normal but GSX does not work. The cache files will not compile.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 09:09:26 am »
If you can't describe the error better, then post a screenshot of it.

barrykensett

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 01:10:31 pm »
Screenshot here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 02:56:33 pm »
Ok, at that stage, the installer is launching the legacy FSX Simconnect installers that come with P3D so, the error is happening there (not normal, of course), the installer is only reporting it.

However, is not really a problem, because we don't need the legacy Simconnect for FSX anymore, you can ignore the error and the installation will continue normally,

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 03:05:54 pm »
I only stick with P3Dv4, works like a charm for me.
TheCaptain3618

barrykensett

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 10:54:49 am »
OK so I ignored the fatal error message and GSX appears to load normally. I can get people and buses for boarding but SODE jetways are not working so more troubleshooting.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 01:23:56 pm »
I can get people and buses for boarding but SODE jetways are not working so more troubleshooting.

Saying "SODE jetways are not working", is not very useful for any troubleshooting.

When reporting a problem that's not related to a thread ( which is about a very specific issue about Simconnect not installing for some reason), open a new thread, with a proper title that might be easier to find in the future, and make a proper report, indicating:

- the airport used

- the kind of jetways used by the airport, which changes a lot if they are SODE jetways provided by the scenery itself, or GSX/SODE jetways

- the gate used and, if you customized the parking position or the stop position using GSX.

- your actual parking position.

- the airplane used.

- any message related to jetways, because there are many different ones, depending on what the problem might be.