Author Topic: KJFK V2 scenery tuning  (Read 3163 times)

aramja

KJFK V2 scenery tuning
« on: September 17, 2021, 10:06:19 pm »
Hello
I have installed KJFKv2 version along time ago but i need some advice to tune the scenery correctly in order not consume a lot of memory.
Actually when I am flying from KJFK with the 787-8/9, I get a message that I am out of memory (I have a 32 Go in RAM and 3Go GPU).
Any advice please?
Also the docking system doesn't light up ?
is installing the first version would be helpful in this case?
Appreciate your support

PS: I am running QW787 in a low_vas mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KJFK V2 scenery tuning
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 10:09:36 pm »
You left out the most important information, which is which simulator you use.

aramja

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 10:11:43 pm »
FSX acceleration
Another question: would the options in the add-on menu in FSX help to fin etune the scenery a bit?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 12:02:53 am »
Yes, of course every setting will contribute to consume or save memory. With FSX, using a complex airplane in a very dense (even on default) area like NYC, is quite difficult without tuning the settings.

The things you can do are:

- Use DirectX 10 Preview option, this will save some memory, because DirectX 9 copies part of the VRAM into RAM, wasting more memory the more VRAM is used by the simulator. Direct X doesn't have this duplication, so it might save you a few hundreds MB that might prevent crashes.

- Lower your the Terrain LOD settings, and the Autogen and Scenery Complexity

- Upgrade to the FSX:Steam version, which also use memory a bit more efficiently.

All of these won't solve all your memory problems, they are just tweaks but the main issue is, FSX as a 32 bit application is limited to an absolute maximum of 4GB of RAM ( counting both RAM+VRAM ), regardless how much memory you have in total or if you use a 64 bit OS.

The only real solution to any RAM problems, is to switch to a 64 simulator, that would be either Prepar3d V4 or V5, or the new MSFS 2020.