Author Topic: Acceleration Hornet vs FS9 Superbug  (Read 5001 times)

Paco

Acceleration Hornet vs FS9 Superbug
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:54 am »

Just thought I'd start an interesting thread for those of us who have both the Superbug for FS9 and now fly the "new and improved" FSX FA-18.  By new and improved I mean the new HUD and Hernandez Nimitz carrier pack.

SuperBug for FS9: 

Good - Superior flight model.  The FSX Hornet is too overpowered, while I find the SuperBug flies closer to real jet. 
              Better cockpit interior/switchology.  Just about everything works.
              Multiple configurations - rarely do you see a clean FA-18.  Maybe the Blue Angels at airshows, but that's about it.

Things to improve - Carrier ops/pattern.  Carriers for FS9 don't move.  Things throws everything off in the carrier pattern.  I bought the Enterprise payware and compared to the Nimitz features, well it falls well short.  Carrier ops in FSX are much better, can't even see the ball in the Enterprise version.  What's the point of having such a nice carrier plane when the carrier part is inadequate
              Superbug in FS9 doesn't work with FS Recorder.   So the formation flying I miss so much I have to do in FSX.

F/A-18 for FSX:
         Good - Carrier ops, especially with the Nimitz freeware is fantastic.  The drop a carrier anywhere feature, allows for much flexibility.

Things to imporve:  It's for FSX.  Not a big fan of FSX, mainly for FPS issues.  Although I get descent FPS at the carrier, when I go inland they drop.  I know why, but I can't understand why my system can run Blackshark at 90+ FPS, and has no problem with ARMA II at the highest settings but FSX is a relative tub of lard.
         Most of the cockpit switches don't work.  For a study sim, it falls short, but if all you want is carrier ops, then FA-18 for FSX is the way to go.

Bottom line: I've preorderd my Superbug for FSX and I hope it doesn't kill framerates.

Let the games begin.

Paco

Tony360

Re: Acceleration Hornet vs FS9 Superbug
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:04:43 am »
Yeah, i'm hoping the Superbug for FSX doesn't ruin my frames like the Iris F-16 did.  :(

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:42:52 am »
It's really not fair to count points off of the VRS SuperBug because the carriers don't move.  I fully agree with the criticisms, but it's a simulator limitation.  Obviously the FSX VRS SuperBug will not have such a limitation.

SUBS17

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:40:41 am »
I'm looking forward to the pro version of VRS.

Pop

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 01:33:23 am »
If u want a offline moving CVA the movinb AI CVA. are the way to go!