Products Support > Las Vegas FSX/P3D

The Future of the KLAS Scenery

(1/1)

bradl:
I decided to ask the question here rather than in the general section of the forum as it only applies to this scenery.

If someone can correct me here if I am wrong, but I know that unless the scenery warrants the competition, FSDT likes to make scenery for airports that are popular that hasn't been done by any other designer.

Because of that, and the release of KLAS plus surrounding scenery for MSFS and P3D by FlyTampa, I'm wondering if FSDT has the intention of continuing the KLAS scenery. We have it supported for FSX and P3D, but is there any roadmap for it for MSFS or any newer releases? and if not, will it continue to be supported for P3D (read: maintenance releases)?

I'm not asking for any type of release date, because it will be ready when it's ready, but I guess the question is, now with there being competition, will there be any further development for KLAS.

Thoughts?

BL.

virtuali:
We have too many things to deal with at this time, and airports that has a perfectly fine representation by another developer are surely on the bottom of the list.

We are not even sure if it would be a good idea to remake KJFK or KLAX in MSFS, because they are reasonably decent in default scenery. Maybe KLAX, in a few years, when the all the rebuilding that has going at the airport on will be completed.

bradl:

--- Quote from: virtuali on September 17, 2021, 08:50:31 am ---We have too many things to deal with at this time, and airports that has a perfectly fine representation by another developer are surely on the bottom of the list.

--- End quote ---

This is what I was thinking, because not only are you already busy with other sceneries (which is okay, because again, I'm not expecting or wanting something immediate, nor should we expect that). If you do update it, it would be better to wait on any other projects that come up for KLAS, as everything else to do there is minor or cosmetic (e.g., changing the signs from McCarran to Harry Reid, whenever the Clark County Dept. of Aviation finally updates the signage).

--- Quote ---We are not even sure if it would be a good idea to remake KJFK or KLAX in MSFS, because they are reasonably decent in default scenery. Maybe KLAX, in a few years, when the all the rebuilding that has going at the airport on will be completed.

--- End quote ---

KLAX, I can definitely see you doing when all of the updates are done; the same with KJFK. And it makes sense that if another designer has put out scenery that you have, any new version of that scenery should be well and truly down the list because rushing to put something out to provide competition is not cost effective at all. However, this does give us a decent roadmap into what to expect for KLAS, so that's a good thing.

Thanks!

BL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version