Author Topic: FSDT Update Process: Wrong reading from prepar3d.cfg? **SOLVED**  (Read 2010 times)

hjmx

FSDT Update Process: Wrong reading from prepar3d.cfg? **SOLVED**
« on: September 12, 2021, 09:32:30 am »
During the update process, the updater claims:

"\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\Prepar3d.cfg
SSAA is DISABLED, we'll install a versions of ground textures optimized for MSAA."

This is not true! My Prepar3D.cfg has always(!) SSAA active ( 4x or 8x). I've checked this again, directly after the update, SSAA is active.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:05:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Update Process: Wrong reading from prepar3d.cfg?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:55:40 am »
It's possible your Prepar3D.CFG file might have errors, even in other sections and, in this case, the updater won't read it and will assume SSAA is disabled. Not possible to say for sure, unless you post your .CFG file ( ZIPPED ) so I can check it.

hjmx

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 08:50:57 pm »
It's possible your Prepar3D.CFG file might have errors, even in other sections and, in this case, the updater won't read it and will assume SSAA is disabled. Not possible to say for sure, unless you post your .CFG file ( ZIPPED ) so I can check it.

Here it is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 10:56:32 am »
I already checked your file but, we updated the forum software (and moved to a new server too), so it was out of service for a couple of days.

As I suspected, the error is likely caused by having edited the file manually, at the line with a "// Added" comment.

While the simulator itself accepts this kind of comment, C++ comments are usually considered illegal in .INI files (even if it's named .CFG, it's in fact an .INI). There isn't an official standard but, the de-facto standard for comments in .INI files is the colon ; Since we use a standard library to parse .INI files, which of course complies with that commonly acknowledged standard, the file won't read, because of the illegal comment so, our code, instead of just crashing with an error, assumes that if the .INI file cannot be read for any reason, that SSAA is disabled, which is the default.

hjmx

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 07:55:43 pm »
Thank you. I removed all kinds of comments and got my SSAA-optimized textures back.