Author Topic: PMDG Airstairs  (Read 3729 times)

Profs_72

PMDG Airstairs
« on: September 11, 2021, 05:32:25 pm »
Hello, I've recently purchased the 737NGXu base. As you know, some 737s are equipped with integrated airstairs. The issue is that GSX will only disable the front airstairs if the integrated airstairs have been lowered. This means that when arriving at an airport and requesting a marshal into a gate or stand, it will spawn the front airstairs because my integrated airstairs are retracted. I've searched for other forum posts about this but cannot find any, maybe its just my search terms. Is there any way I can get GSX to recognize the installed equipment rather than the current status of the equipment? Thanks, Profs

Profs_72

Re: PMDG Airstairs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:59 pm »
Is there any way I can get GSX to recognize the installed equipment rather than the current status of the equipment
// is there anyway I can just not request the front airstairs? I know I can just take out the conditional integrated airstairs by making my own aircraft profile but that would apply to all 737s, not just the ones which have integrated airstairs installed.

Profs_72

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 02:44:53 pm »
Hello… it’s been over a month now, I assume this topic has just been missed. Can anyone help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 05:23:57 pm »
Even if GSX could know if that particular 737 has integrated stairs, it cannot possibly know if you will use them and even in real life, just because you have a plane with integrated airstairs, doesn't mean you'll always use them.

Profs_72

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 09:28:03 pm »
I assume then, there is no way to get gsx to not spawn the front air stairs when taxiing to the gate from the runway and that there is also no way to make a profile specific to one livery. That’s fine then, I’ll just have to modify the aircraft config every flight on descent depending on if I want to use the air stairs or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 10:39:54 pm »
I assume then, there is no way to get gsx to not spawn the front air stairs when taxiing to the gate from the runway and that there is also no way to make a profile specific to one livery.

Rather than not being possible, I don't think it would be even useful because, as I've said, just because you have an integrated staircase, that doesn't mean you'll always want to use it so, even assuming we did something like you are suggesting, it would mean you would always *forced* to use the airplane stairs with that airplane, no matter what, which is hardly realistic.

That's because the way the 737 is made, it always let the pilot *choose* if using the plane stairs, it's not like other planes like the CRJ or similar, that when they have stairs, it's embedded in the door, so you never use the airport stairs.

Profs_72

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 01:46:38 pm »
it would mean you would always *forced* to use the airplane stairs with that airplane, no matter what, which is hardly realistic.

I agree, that would be unrealistic but the way it’s currently set up, I’m always forced to use the airport airstairs which is equally unrealistic. What would be useful is a dialog such as the one for the jetways where I can select what jetway goes to which door. This would also be rather useful in the case that you don’t want the rear airstairs while at a jetway.

(Photo: GSX Manual)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:52:46 pm by Profs_72 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 02:52:55 pm »
What would be useful is a dialog such as the one for the jetways where I can select what jetway goes to which door. This would also be rather useful in the case that you don’t want the rear airstairs while at a jetway.

That's not the same situation, since jetways are always created regardless if you want to use them or not, since they are a feature of the scenery.

GSX vehicles, instead, are generated depending on the airplane, possibly even before landing and, if we had to wait for your decision about using stairs, we would have to re-generated the vehicles again, which might distrupt services already in progress.

The only possible solution would be asking if you will want to use stairs the moment you select the gate.

Profs_72

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 04:35:57 pm »

That's not the same situation, since jetways are always created regardless if you want to use them or not, since they are a feature of the scenery.

GSX vehicles, instead, are generated depending on the airplane, possibly even before landing and, if we had to wait for your decision about using stairs, we would have to re-generated the vehicles again, which might distrupt services already in progress.

That makes sense, yea.
The only possible solution would be asking if you will want to use stairs the moment you select the gate.
Honestly, that would improve it a lot.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 04:37:33 pm by Profs_72 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 04:58:59 pm »
Or just even ask which stairs you want to use.
Captain Kevin