Author Topic: Removing FSDreamteam from scenery library  (Read 1967 times)

bcarter

Removing FSDreamteam from scenery library
« on: September 10, 2021, 08:09:39 am »
Hi guys,

I am trying to remove FSDreamteam airports/GSX from P3Dv5.2HF1 scenery library.
I have uninstalled all the airports (CYVR, KDFW, KJFK, KLAX, KORD, PHNL and GSX. I have deleted all the associated folders. Still showing in the scenery library.
I deleted the scenery.cfg file. It rebuilt a new database but FSdreamteam airports are still showing.
I deleted the Client and reinstalled. Still FSdreamteam is showing in the scenery library.
I deleted the whole scenery section of P3D and installed a clean scenery file. The FSdreamteam airports are still showing.

How do you get rid if FSDreamteam from the scenery library????????

Regards
Brian

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Removing FSDreamteam from scenery library
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:16:28 am »
In your documents folder, go into the Prepar3D V5 Add-Ons folder. FSDreamteam sceneries use the add-on method rather than the scenery library method.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:55:01 am »
I have uninstalled all the airports (CYVR, KDFW, KJFK, KLAX, KORD, PHNL and GSX. I have deleted all the associated folders. Still showing in the scenery library.

Something's wrong. I assure you our installer removes and disables the scenery.

It does it by using a special feature that P3D4/5 have, in which you can call the simulator from the command line as it was an utility, so you don't see starting it up, but it will add or remove an installed scenery. This is the LM-sanctioned method to install/uninstall a scenery, and should always work.

It might not work if, for some reason, our installer wasn't able to execute prepar3d.exe, possibly because antivirus interference, but I must say this hasn't been reported before.

In any case, removing the scenery folder from inside the Documents\Prepar3d addons folder will surely remove the scenery.

bcarter

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 10:43:27 am »
Thanks for your replies.
It looks like the airport folders are still in the add on folder as you have suggested. I’ll delete them when my current flight is finished.
I’m trying to achieve a clean install of gsx2 and kordv2. I’ll leave the others until they are 5.2 ready.

Cheers
Brian