Products Support > Mesh for MSFS

Switzerland mesh and World Update

(1/6) > >>

Fiorentoni:
Hello,

since the new world update for D A CH apparently includes new mesh data for CH and probably changes other things, and since you probably got to test the beta version of that world update by now:

Is the Switzerland mesh still compatible after tuesday's upcoming release of the WU?
If no, will there be an update from you coming with the world update? If again no, should I uninstall your mesh until your update arrives so it doesn't crash the sim or anything?

Thank you,
Raphael

virtuali:
There's hasn't been any beta for World Update 6, which means:

- We don't know if there might be any problems between our mesh and the Swiss mesh that comes with WU6.

- We don't know if there are differences in coverage, resolution, performances, etc.

Something we didn't like with Switzerland in general, is the Bing images which were available in MSFS until now, were INACCURATE, with lots of misalignment between the Autogen buildings and the underlying photoreal scenery ( easily seen in the Gotthard pass area ). This made our mesh ( which is 100% accurate ) to not look as good as it could be, because of the underlying Bing images were in several places not properly aligned, not even with the autogenerated buildings, as if two different data sources were used. The problem could be seen even by going on Bing Maps with a browser, so it wasn't MSFS's fault, it was Bing data which was inaccurate in this area.

From the preview images that has been released, it seems the Bing images has been improved so, hopefully, we should see the same improvements in WU6, which might even result in our mesh looking better.

- If you are referring to the sim crashing with our Swiss mesh, as explained in many other posts, the problem has never been our mesh to begin with. The problem was caused by a BUG in Sim Update 5, resulting in some products in the Marketplace not working, while the same, identical version bought outside the Marketplace worked perfectly fine. It might be caused by encryption, since that's the only difference between files on downloaded from the Marketplace and regular scenery files like the ones sold on our site.

Microsoft still hasn't figured it out why this happens so, as a temporary fix, they asked us if it was ok to publish an update on the Marketplace without using encryption, and we agreed to that. The update has been released TODAY so, hopefully:

- The crashes caused by a bug in the sim not properly handling encrypted products should be fixed.

- Even if there was no Beta testing for WU6, MAYBE some of the MS Marketplace testers managed to try the Mesh together with the upcoming WU6, but that's just speculation. We'll only know for sure tomorrow.

Fiorentoni:
Thank you for you answer. I removed it for now since I am not in the mood for any CTDs... I have to try the update itself first with the essential addons.
 I'd appreciate if anyone let's me know here that the mesh works fine with the new WU, then I'll gladly reinstall :)

Fiorentoni:
So, has there been an update? Or does it work flawlessly?

Fiorentoni:
Anyone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version