Author Topic: Can't run live updater after reinstall of Windows  (Read 1402 times)

sidfadc

Can't run live updater after reinstall of Windows
« on: September 04, 2021, 05:38:05 pm »
Hi,

I have had a C Drive crash and had to reinstall windows.  The addon manager was on my D drive however after I have got everything up and running when I launch the live updater it gives me an error about missing registry entries.  This is of course because I have wiped my C drive.  So I thought easiest option was to run the installer again for KEYW but I can't find it.  I have the activation email with the licence key, just can't find the installer.  I have logged into the ecommerce website for Digital River but when I click the installer link it says its expired, I think I purchased it Dec 2020.

So question is how can I rerun the installer again to update the registry?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 05:41:25 pm by sidfadc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't run live updater after reinstall of Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:54:11 am »
As you can see from the purchase receipt we sent you with the activation key, we suggested to make a backup of the installer in a safe place, because it won't be available forever on Digital River.

"Safe place" doesn't mean the main PC drive because, as you can see, hard drives can crash, that's why backups should be made on a different media ( or a cloud drive ). Please contact support by EMAIL with your proof of purchase (order number), and we'll instruct you how to get another copy of the installer.

sidfadc

Re: Can't run live updater after reinstall of Windows
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 02:49:22 pm »
Thanks Umberto will do.  Maybe I mislead you, I keep all my installers away from C Drive but can't find the KEYW installer, I mean "its got to be here somewhere" right?  But nope can't find it.

I will email support thanks!