Author Topic: Changing voice set a specific airport  (Read 2524 times)

atr_42_500

Changing voice set a specific airport
« on: July 28, 2021, 09:52:00 am »
Hi
Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to change the ground crew accent at a specific airport?
Let's say I want to add a specific voice set at a given airport with proper accent.
Thanks!
Mircea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Changing voice set a specific airport
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 09:53:43 am »
The voice accent is specific by country, right now is not possible to change it by airport, we might keep this as a suggestion for future improvements.

atr_42_500

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 10:48:12 am »
Thank you Umberto,
Changing by country will perfectly do! Is there an explanation somewhere regarding how/where to insert the modified sound files in order to play in a specific coutry?
Mircea
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:32:15 pm by atr_42_500 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 05:14:55 pm »
We haven't made an official documentation, so this post will make do:

Right now, there are two "talking" services, which are Pushback and Deicing, that have voices located in the following folders:

Addon Manager\Couatl\GSX\sounds\pushback
Addon Manager\Couatl\GSX\sounds\deicing

The "root" of these folders represent the "default" English-American voice, and inside there is a variable number of sub folders named as the language code for that country, which are associated so a list of countries, which are in turn associated to the ICAO code of the airport in use.

So, for example, let's assume you want to create a Portuguese voice set (your choice if you want to speak Portuguese or English with a Portuguese accent, which might be more correct ), the language code for Portuguese is "pt", so you'll have to create the following folders:

Addon Manager\Couatl\GSX\sounds\pushback\pt
Addon Manager\Couatl\GSX\sounds\deicing\pt

I suggest to simply COPY all the WAV files from another language variation in the "pt" folders, for example "en-gb", so you can simply overwrite the files with your variation, while you are doing them.

Once you created the files, they will now play in the following countries ( first two letters ICAO matching ), because they have been assigned the "pt" language code.

"FN","Angola"
"FQ","Mozambique"
"GG","Guinea-Bissau"
"GV","Cape Verde"
"LP","Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira)"
"PT","Federated States of Micronesia, Palau"
"SB","Brazil (also SD, SI, SJ, SN, SS and SW)"
"WP","Timor-Leste

Find attached a list of all countries and their associated ICAO and language codes, taken directly from the GSX source code.

Also, I suggest to create an empty DONTOUCH file in each of your custom voice folders, which is used to tell the FSDT Live Updater to not change or remove those folders.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:16:45 pm by virtuali »

atr_42_500

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 08:10:04 am »
Umberto, thanks a lot.
I will try this method!
Cheers,
Mircea

atr_42_500

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 07:25:16 pm »
Hello again,
It took some time to prepare the files, I finally did it.
So I have created a folder as instructed withe the name RO (for Romania)

D:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\sounds\pushback (pls see picture)

Inside are modificatied files that include all the needed files with the right name in .wav format.

However, not all sounds are audible when using them in P3D.

I can hear the content of captain_are_you_ready and then commencing_push (the latter only after releasing parking brakes).
Any ideeas why?

Thanks
Mircea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 10:01:37 am »
Inside are modificatied files that include all the needed files with the right name in .wav format.

Please check that. Since GSX uses positional audio, all sounds needs to be in Mono. Stereo samples won't play.

atr_42_500

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 09:11:41 pm »
Thanks a lot, Umberto. I have converted all to mono, I have the same problem. Could it be someting else, like size,lenght, KBPS?
Cheers
Mircea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 02:45:26 am »
You said some of them are working, what's different about them ?