Author Topic: Containers don't match airline  (Read 2850 times)

Qantas747

Containers don't match airline
« on: July 27, 2021, 06:32:30 am »
Hi,

As stated in the topic, my containers don't match the airline I'm flying. They only match the ground operator being used. Here is an aircraft.cfg entry:

[fltsim.1]
title=PMDG 777-36N(ER) Emirates (A6-EBB | Standard)
sim=B777-300ER
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=A6-EBB
atc_airline=Emirates
atc_flight_number=777
atc_heavy=1
atc_id=A6-EBB
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes=UAE,EK
atc_model=B77W
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
ui_createdby=PMDG
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=777-36N(ER)
ui_typerole=777-300ERX
ui_variation=Emirates (A6-EBB | Standard)
description=Boeing 777-300ER powered by GE90 engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 777, 777-300, 777-300ER & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
visual_damage=0

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Containers don't match airline
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 12:52:44 pm »
I cannot reproduce the problem. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the ground operator is ATA, but the ULD containers are from Emirates, since I modified the relevant aircraft.cfg for the default A321 to match the codes you used

[fltsim.0]
title=Airbus A321 Paint2
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check
kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref
atc_id=F-MSAB
atc_parking_codes=UAE,EK
atc_airline=World Travel
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbus

Qantas747

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 01:42:42 am »
Hi Umberto,

I've been getting this for a while now, any suggestions to try fix the issue? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 09:52:57 am »
I've been getting this for a while now, any suggestions to try fix the issue? Thanks

As I've said, I cannot reproduce it so, I can't tell you how to fix something that's not happening here.

Does the parking at the airport you are using has its own parking codes ? Does the same airplane show the correct container on an airport that doesn't have any parking codes ( default ones ) ?

Qantas747

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 02:16:08 pm »
Hi, I  have tried various scenarios by adding airline operator, in the parking code section, clearing the parking codes. But, still getting the ground handling company containers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 04:49:54 pm »
Hi, I  have tried various scenarios by adding airline operator, in the parking code section, clearing the parking codes. But, still getting the ground handling company containers.

I don't know what to say, I edited the section of the aircraft.cfg using exactly your values, and it worked right away.

Qantas747

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 04:18:13 am »
Okay, so I think I’ll result into a reinstall of GSX. Do you have a proper procedure of completely uninstalling GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 10:25:08 am »
Okay, so I think I’ll result into a reinstall of GSX. Do you have a proper procedure of completely uninstalling GSX?

I don't think reinstalling GSX would change anything. The FSDT updater will update each and every file to the last version.

nthabti

• My little FS hub
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 02:02:08 pm »
This started to happen with the latest update. It worked before and my airplane (FSLabs A320/321) is correctly configured: atc_parking_codes=DLH
I reinstalled GSX, ran the Live Update, but the problem remained. Maybe it has to do with the update.
I also tested with different airplanes, different locations. The logo on the pallet is alays random (from Swissport to Saudia and Qantas).

Also, strangely, the logo is incorrectly positioned on the AKH pallets that come out of the rear cargo only(!)

This is on P3D v5.2 HF1
Nizar Thabti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 03:09:01 pm »
This started to happen with the latest update. It worked before

You said you are using P3D 5 so, it's not possible it started to happen with the latest update and worked before since, before this update, ULD never had ANY livery, they were blank. Maybe you wanted to say they turned from no logo to random logo ? That's more likely, but it doesn't happen if you configure the codes correctly, as explained in other posts of this thread.

and my airplane (FSLabs A320/321) is correctly configured: atc_parking_codes=DLH

No, it's not. See my previous posts, the atc_parking_codes should match the codes used by GSX for a specific operator, not the parking codes that operator might be matched on parking spots. Those codes are the names of the sections in the rules_handling.cfg file in the Addon Manager\texture folder so, for example, the section for Lufthansa is:

[LH]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = DLH,DLHX,LHT,CLH,GEC
couatl.icaoprefixes = ED ET EDDK EDDS EDDB EDDN EDDH EDDM EDDC
couatl.basecolor = yellow

So your line in the aircraft.cfg should be:

atc_parking_codes=LH

LH matches the name of the [LH] section. Now, even if I'm not sure the simulator itself really uses your own airplane parking codes, IF you want to better conform to its standard, you can set it like this as well:

atc_parking_codes=LH,DLH

The first LH will make GSX choose the LH containers, while the second one might be used by the sim to assign you to a specific gate ( I'm not sure it does ).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:11:29 pm by virtuali »

nthabti

• My little FS hub
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 08:32:50 pm »
You said you are using P3D 5 so, it's not possible it started to happen with the latest update and worked before since, before this update, ULD never had ANY livery, they were blank. Maybe you wanted to say they turned from no logo to random logo ? That's more likely, but it doesn't happen if you configure the codes correctly, as explained in other posts of this thread.

I meant in P3D v4, you're right.

Thanks for the explantion. I'll try with LH instead of DLH
Nizar Thabti