Author Topic: Bug in GSX for FSX  (Read 2021 times)

joaoperalta

Bug in GSX for FSX
« on: July 23, 2021, 04:19:06 pm »
122 passengers we have the van according to print how is it possible
Absurd bug

Joao Peralta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bug in GSX for FSX
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 11:24:12 am »
Before saying something like "absurd bug", maybe you would want to clarify your configuration, for example the airplane used.

The Van might have come, because there are no staircases or jetways available, and this is usually caused by not having configured the plane for GSX or having configured it wrong, likely the doors are not in the correct position.

If the airplane you use is not already internally supported by GSX, you MUST create a configuration for it, using the included airplane configuration editor, which of course is clearly explained n the manual.

joaoperalta

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:45:20 pm »
I have had GSX since the First and it has never happened to me the Aircraft is A320 Aerosoft correct settings as it has never happened before, (I use FSX SP2) so I thought it might be a BUG. :-\

Joao Peralta

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 04:31:51 am »
Did you make a custom configuration for it. Also, what airport and scenery.
Captain Kevin

joaoperalta

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 11:18:27 pm »
I use 737/777 Pmdg and everything is ok.
I also use A319/320/321 from Aerosoft.
This problem began to appear a few days ago however I have done several tests and everything is fine I did not understand sending the file of my settings of the GSX (I did not touch anything).
I use GSX since it came out.
What I find strange is with PMDG appears the right number of passengers that I insert in the FMC, the A320 never conforms. :o

Joao Peralta 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 10:03:24 am »
I use 737/777 Pmdg and everything is ok.

Which confirms this is NOT a GSX "bug"

What I find strange is with PMDG appears the right number of passengers that I insert in the FMC, the A320 never conforms.

In fact, the exact opposite should happen:

the PMDG doesn't specifically interface with GSX, so the number of passengers is ESTIMATED by GSX based on the payload stations weight so, in this case, GSX is estimating correctly, but it usually won't match *exactly* the passenger number you insert in the FMC, since the passenger number is an abstraction created internally by the airplane, not a standard, so GSX will never match airplanes that don't explicitly communicate the number to GSX, like the PMDG. If they match, it's just because GSX is smart enough to figure it out the number by itself.

the Aerosoft Airbus, instead, are supposed to communicate the exact passenger number to GSX, by setting custom variables GSX can read so, normally, the passenger number should always be exact.

However, if I understood your problem correctly, it doesn't seem the problem is the passenger number: what you are reporting ( at least in your first message, with the screenshot ) was the Passengers Van appearing instead of the Passenger Bus, even with many passengers.

And this, as I've said, can only be caused because your door configuration is wrong. Since we haven't changed anything that could possibly affect this in GSX in a long while, and you said it started to appear only recently, it seems something is wrong with your airplane configuration, like doors not set correctly. Try to Reset the airplane configuration so GSX will use the internal one instead of any customizations you might have changed.

joaoperalta

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 03:30:50 pm »
Thank you I will make your suggestion.
It really doesn't seem to be a BUG I'm sorry :-[

Joao Peralta

joaoperalta

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 11:26:46 pm »
To finish I made these last days several tests and everything OK, I configured everything again.
I want once again to apologize, and praise your support even being a user of FSX shows responsibility and honesty on your part thank you very much.

Joao Peralta