Author Topic: gsx is not working  (Read 1995 times)

tdjcsimmer

gsx is not working
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:43:22 pm »
Hi,
I need help as my gsx hasn't been working for a while. They asked me to put it on the exclusion list, I put it, exclude folder, exclude it, but something always appears that I'm not able to make it work. I use Kaspersky and put the addon manager on the exclusion list but we are still having problems. List below the images so that someone can help me. Please. I don't have technical knowledge of computer science, so please if someone can help me I appreciate it.

tdjcsimmer

Re: gsx is not working
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 10:48:38 pm »
Hello,

Some help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 10:05:12 am »
I have no idea what that message means but, since nobody ever reported it before, but it looks like a firewall problem. Be sure nothing is blocking online access to any of the executables in the Addon Manager folder.

Also, you show a screenshot showing the cache regeneration at 6%. What's the meaning of that screenshot ? Does the cache regeneration always stops there ?

tdjcsimmer

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 08:51:26 pm »
Hello,
I'll explain: the gsx and gsx 2 images show that the product is only active and the addon manager image shows for example the airport of Los Angeles installed and active. I installed GSX correctly. Why doesn't it appear as an asset like the Los Angeles airport?

The second point yes, it is locked in this 6% and does not change.

About the addon manager folder on the pc, I opened the path again, everything allowed and I still have a problem with the GSX not working. And finally, when I open the menu in p3d for update, this screen appears, shown in the image update error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 10:38:23 am »
quote author=tdjcsimmer link=topic=25384.msg167051#msg167051 date=1627498286]I'll explain: the gsx and gsx 2 images show that the product is only active and the addon manager image shows for example the airport of Los Angeles installed and active. I installed GSX correctly. Why doesn't it appear as an asset like the Los Angeles airport?[/quote]

Activation is completely irrelevant here. Why you think it's a problem with activation ? On an FSDT airport, GSX wil always work, even if it's not active so no, your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation.

The second point yes, it is locked in this 6% and does not change.

Normally, the cache regeneration should end in two ways:

- With a "airport cache loaded successfully"

OR

- With an error message saying the cache couldn't be regenerated

The cache regeneration stopped might be a problem of one of your scenery files being corrupted, but it usually doesn't stop, it completes with an error. If you enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section in the GSX - Settings and rebuild the cache again, the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file should contain some information about which file had a problem.

And finally, when I open the menu in p3d for update, this screen appears, shown in the image update error.

You can ignore that, it's a temporary issue due to we migrated to a new server recently, and only affects the "check for updates". However, the "check for updates" is only used to tell you if there's an update, the update ITSELF is always performed by exiting the sim and running the FSDT Live Update.

tdjcsimmer

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 08:09:30 pm »
Hi,
I tried to do what you told me but when i press ok or aplly, the screen doesn't close, it stays still. I illustrate with two prints.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 04:24:14 pm »
I tried to do what you told me but when i press ok or aplly, the screen doesn't close, it stays still. I illustrate with two prints.

This is of course not normal and nobody ever reported it before. It might be possible the antivirus is mistakenly blocking BOTH the cache regeneration AND the saving of the settings when you press APPLY.

Again, be sure the whole Addon Manager is added to the antivirus exclusion list.