Author Topic: I do not understand this Logic ??  (Read 6592 times)

torsten

I do not understand this Logic ??
« on: July 08, 2021, 12:03:38 am »
Hello,

why can i not ask for the Jetway / GPU after requesting Deboarding ?

Thats not to understand. In real this Tasks are running/requested parallel.
AC arrives, the the Deboarding of Package starts, the Jetway comes, then the APU maybe later or the GRD PWR.
All that is parallel.

Also after Deboarding is finished i can not ask for the Jetway for Boarding ( in case i forget to ask before the Deboarding )

Only in GSX i can not ask for the GPU as example after starting the Deboarding Task???

T
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:12:09 am by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I do not understand this Logic ??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 12:34:56 am »
Also after Deboarding is finished i can not ask for the Jetway for Boarding ( in case i forget to ask before the Deboarding )

You are not supposed to ask for the jetway "before" Deboarding. When you choose Deboarding, the jetway menu will always appear, asking to select a jetway so, you cannot really "forget", the only reason to find yourself unable to call a jetway while deboarding is in progress, is if you INTENTIONALLY decided NOT to use a jetway, using the last option of the menu.

So why, you first decided to not use a jetway ( maybe your plane has an embedded staircase, so your company decided to save money and not call a jetway ? That's why Ryanair does, for example ), then you changed your mind ?

If you think you might "forget" to call a jeway, enabling the automatic servicing option in GSX will always dock the jetway, assuming there is one that works.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 12:27:12 am »
i land in EDDN ( with addon scenry 2,9 Palms), but here comes no menu up with the question of the jetway
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 08:28:14 am by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 04:25:09 pm »
i land in EDDN ( with addon scenry 2,9 Palms), but here comes no menu up with the question of the jetway

The menu will only come if the scenery has SODE jetways, either provided with the scenery, or replaced by GSX. If you don't see the menu, it means the scenery use standard jetways, which you can call at any time, with CTRL+J, regardless of what GSX is doing.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 06:42:53 pm »
I will try..thanks

torsten

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 07:47:32 pm »
...it seams these are not default SODE Jetways.

Also i can move the Jetways only via GSX, CTRL+J did not work in EDDN.
CTRL+J works only on other Airports without GSX Jetways. I checked this
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:58:10 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 07:44:00 pm »
...it seams these are not default SODE Jetways.

Yes, those are GSX jetways and, if I read your screenshots sequence correctly, they DID work.

You found strange you don't see the GSX jetway selection menu, but that's entirely normal because, if there's only ONE jetway that can work only on ONE door ( based on the jetway model, the airplane doors, your stopping position ), what would be the point of asking you which jetway should dock to which door, when there's only on possible choice that work ?

So, obviously, when there's only one jetway that solves to only one door, GSX will just dock it and will skip the menu, which clearly make sense and makes your previous comment about the risk of "forgetting" to operate a jetway irrelevant.

torsten

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 12:36:05 am »
You found strange you don't see the GSX jetway selection menu

You always dont understand.

There was NO GSX MESSAGE and there was NO JETWAY docked by GSX.
Also CTRL+J did NOT WORK, that means its a SODE Jetway no?

BUt one of the main Question was why i can not call the Jetways (or other service like GPU ) after calling the Debording/Boarding?
Thats not logical.

Also the FellowMe is still driving crazy sometimes...since a long long Time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 10:36:16 am »
You always dont understand.

It's not that I don't "understand", it's you that supply with wrong/incomplete information.

There was NO GSX MESSAGE and there was NO JETWAY docked by GSX.

That's not what I can see from your posts, which indicates the jetway HAS docked, in the 4th screenshot. Also, in your previous post, you said "i land in EDDN ( with addon scenry 2,9 Palms), but here comes no menu up with the question of the jetway"

And since in your screenshot, the only thing "strange", is the lack of the GSX MENU to choose a jetway, I explained why it's perfectly normal it wouldn't appear, when only one jeways solves to only one door.

[quote[Also CTRL+J did NOT WORK, that means its a SODE Jetway no[/quote]

Which of course is exactly what I said, when I said "Yes, those are GSX jetways".  So, again, what exactly is the problem here ?

BUt one of the main Question was why i can not call the Jetways (or other service like GPU ) after calling the Debording/Boarding?

Again: you said yourself you wanted this option in case you "forgot" to select a jetway, which I said the only possible way this could happen is if you purposely decided to NOT use jetway in the jetway selection menu. To that, you replied you don't see it and to that, I explained why you don't see it if there only once choice. But if there's only once choice, the and only jetway that docks, will do it automatically so no, you can't forget to use it in the "no menu" case.

Also the FellowMe is still driving crazy sometimes...since a long long Time

Read again my previous reply about reports like this not helping anyone. Make a proper report, as already explained so many times, last time in this very thread, in my reply about how to do a proper report for the Follow Me.

torsten

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 01:47:59 pm »
do a proper report for the Follow Me

You want a "proper" Report ?
What should i do...a video maybe?
I will try next time, but for now, especially for you to understand ..attached a Picture.

The Green Line marks the Aircraft Track. Landing and then left the RWY via Taxiway H5...understand ?
The first ( marked with a red "1" ) marks the Point where i stop the Aircraft and call for the FellowMe ... understand ?
Then i clean up the Aircraft and then ( because the FellowMe has still not arrived ) i continue my Taxi to the Gate 134 (because i can not wait 10 min for the FellowMe ) via Taxiway N ... understand ?
Then, at the red marked Point No. 2, the FellowMe arrives ( blue Line is the track of the FelloMe )...but hellooooo...the FellowMe is not stopping in front of my Airplane...no, it keeps driving along Taxiway N and behind my Aircarft ( marked with a "?" in the picture ) . I never saw the FellowMe after that .. it was gone, maybe drinking Coffe or something, i dont know.

Thats what i call "crazy" ... understood ?

You still dont answer WHY i can not call for the Jetway AFTER calling for Boarding or something.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 02:45:42 pm »
You want a "proper" Report ? What should i do...a video maybe?

I already made an example of how a "proper" report for the FollowMe would look like but either you chose to ignore it or, maybe, you failed to understand it, as you usually do. I posted it in the other thread, I'll repeat it here:

"Driving crazy" doesn't mean anything, unless you think we have some magical code in GSX that activates "crazy mode".

So, the next time you make a comment, do it in the proper way, that is:

- Provide with the precise, exact, description of your starting situation, like where you were when you called the Follow Me, which airport you used, who made it ( if it's not default ), etc.

- Provide with the precise, exact, description of WHAT happened. Did the FollowMe went away fast ? Have you seen the message it was aborted for safety reasons, indicating you were closing it too fast ?

The Green Line marks the Aircraft Track. Landing and then left the RWY via Taxiway H5...understand ?
The first ( marked with a red "1" ) marks the Point where i stop the Aircraft and call for the FellowMe ... understand ?
Then i clean up the Aircraft and then ( because the FellowMe has still not arrived ) i continue my Taxi to the Gate 134 (because i can not wait 10 min for the FellowMe ) via Taxiway N ... understand ?
Then, at the red marked Point No. 2, the FellowMe arrives ( blue Line is the track of the FelloMe )...but hellooooo...the FellowMe is not stopping in front of my Airplane...no, it keeps driving along Taxiway N and behind my Aircarft ( marked with a "?" in the picture ) . I never saw the FellowMe after that .. it was gone, maybe drinking Coffe or something, i dont know.

Your description is not very accurate, it would have been way easier to replicate if you wrote something like this:

- I was at airport XXXX ( your cut the chart, so I couldn't possibly know where you were ), made by developer YYYYY, name of the AFAD is ZZZZ.BGL

- I was at xxx.xxxx, yyy.yyyyy Lat Lon coordinates when I called the FollowMe

- While the Follow Me was enroute, I proceeded to taxi and I was located at xxx.xxxx, yyy.yyyyy Lat Lon coordinates when it circled around me.

NOW the crucial part, which I asked and you haven't replied: Did the FollowMe went away fast ? Have you seen the message it was aborted for safety reasons, indicating you were closing it too fast ?

You still dont answer WHY i can not call for the Jetway AFTER calling for Boarding or something.

I answered about this multiple times, in multiple ways, it's you who keep failing to understand the answer.

It's not true you cannot for jetways after you choose Boarding or Deboarding because, as I've explained it many times, the menu will automatically come if the airport has GSX or SODE jetways ( if it doesn't, you can obviously use CTRL+J anytime you want ) but, if there's only one jetway that solves to only one door, the menu won't come, but the one and only jetway that can dock will dock automatically.

And again, you said you wanted this feature because you might "forget" to selected a jetway, to that I replied this would only happened if you intentionally said you didn't want any jetways, but this would only possibly happening if you have a menu. If you don't, because only one jetway can dock to only one door ( so it will be really useless offering a menu with just 1 choice ), the jetway would dock automatically, making your whole argument of fear of forgetting it, irrelevant.

torsten

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 09:49:25 am »
lets first clear the FellowMe:

- Provide with the precise, exact, description of your starting situation, like where you were when you called the Follow Me, which airport you used, who made it ( if it's not default ), etc.

- Provide with the precise, exact, description of WHAT happened. Did the FollowMe went away fast ? Have you seen the message it was aborted for safety reasons, indicating you were closing it too fast ?

The Airport chart is not enough for you to understand ??

Ahh...you dont know what Airport ?? Its EDDP ( Leipzig Halle ) in Germany.
I dont understand what makes the difference if it is EDDP or KSFO or what ever Airport. Its not about the Airport, but ok, now you know.
Ahh, before you ask, it is from Digital Design, bourght it from Simmarked .. you know ?

Lat/Lon Coordinates ... really .. you try to kidding me.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 04:19:39 pm »

Ahh...you dont know what Airport ?? Its EDDP ( Leipzig Halle ) in Germany.
I dont understand what makes the difference if it is EDDP or KSFO or what ever Airport. Its not about the Airport, but ok, now you know.
Ahh, before you ask, it is from Digital Design, bourght it from Simmarked .. you know ?
Knowing which airport and the developer of the scenery is critical because GSX pulls the parking position and taxiway positions from the AFCAD of the scenery, so if there's a problem with the AFCAD from the scenery, knowing that information is critical.
Lat/Lon Coordinates ... really .. you try to kidding me.
Again, this goes back to what I just said about the AFCAD. Giving the taxiway locations won't necessarily help if the AFCAD doesn't match it. Case and point, FlyTampa EHAM has several AFCAD configurations based on the various runway configurations they use in which some of the runways and taxiways aren't included in the AFCAD. With the coordinates, one can look at the AFCAD and find your position relative to what the AFCAD says the locations are.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 11:48:11 am »

Obviously not, since it doesn't even show which airport you are referring to.

There are many things you don't understand. Just using a different AFCAD on the SAME airport would cause a big difference. But, since now you are saying "it's not about the airport", suggesting this happens everywhere, why you don't make a proper report using a DEFAULT airport OR an FSDT airport, making it easy for us to understand which situation you were in ?

Lat/Lon Coordinates ... really .. you try to kidding me

I don't know what you are trying to say here. It's obviously easier to just enable lat/lon coordinates with Shift-Z and take not of them, instead of taking the airport chart and make drawings on it like you did.

Also, I asked several times, yet you still failed to reply so, I'll ask again, maybe 3rd time is the charm...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2021, 08:37:39 pm »
Just shot a quick video here. The only airport that I had an issue with getting jetway choices when selecting deboarding was Drzewiecki's JFK. This is confirmed by the fact that by using both the SODE menu along with the GSX operate jetway menu, it's possible to select them. Video is unlisted, I will take it down once you're done. Also, as far as EDDN, I did not see the issue that he had.

Captain Kevin