Author Topic: Last update at May 31rd, 2021 ?  (Read 5109 times)

torsten

Last update at May 31rd, 2021 ?
« on: July 08, 2021, 12:00:31 am »
Hello,

last update was at May 31rd, 2021 .. is GSX at the END ??

T

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Last update at May 31rd, 2021 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 12:25:17 am »
First, you are confusing the last LOGGED update on the release notes, with the last *actual* update, which happened not long ago ( June 16th ), which added the indication of the number of jetways in the menu, following a *constructive* feedback of an user here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25307.0.html

The update, guess what, came the next day.

As explained so many times already, we are working on porting GSX to MSFS 2020, and we are not rushing it as a quick port, but we are rebuilding all models from scratch, while we also wait for a bit more of support from the SDK, which is still not entirely complete to make the program as easy to use as we would like to.

After GSX will come out for MSFS, we'll be back to the usual, constant flow of updates that GSX is known for for the past 9 years since it came out.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 12:27:23 am »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 04:27:00 pm »
and this site is no longer updated ?

So, are you saying "GSX is at the end", just because we haven't logged the last update there, which you haven't seem to noticed ?

Maybe, your proper reaction should have been like:

"FSDT, how nice that, even if you said multiple times you are working on the MSFS version, you still manage to release updates very quickly after a user suggestion but, could you please remember to log them in the website too ?", because THAT'S what really happened, not that GSX is "ending".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 04:29:29 pm by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 11:19:58 pm »
- Yes, i remember how long I wait for the GPU ;-)
- The FellowMe is sometimes still "driving crazy"
- When a flight is started, that will say we start with Boarding, the Baggage Trucks are still empty, drive away and comes back after x Time
- The GPU is still not in Place when i start a Flight at a Position, but comes from anywhere

You did not answer why this site is not updated?
When is check for updates after starting the Flightsim via the AddOn Menu and there is a Update, i have to end the Flightsim, do the update and start again.
Thats the reason why i only look at this site for updates.

I am not sure, if i should ask for Ground Air Unit ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 11:21:53 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 07:39:39 pm »
- Yes, i remember how long I wait for the GPU ;-)

So if you know adding new features takes time, what's up with the nonsensical comment "GSX is at the end", because the last logged update was at the end of May ?

- The FellowMe is sometimes still "driving crazy"

And how, exactly, this is an useful report we can check ? "Driving crazy" doesn't mean anything, unless you think we have some magical code in GSX that activates "crazy mode".

So, the next time you make a comment, do it in the proper way, that is:

- Provide with the precise, exact, description of your starting situation, like where you were when you called the Follow Me, which airport you used, who made it ( if it's not default ), etc.

- Provide with the precise, exact, description of WHAT happened. Did the FollowMe went away fast ? Have you seen the message it was aborted for safety reasons, indicating you were closing it too fast ?

- When a flight is started, that will say we start with Boarding, the Baggage Trucks are still empty, drive away and comes back after x Time

- The GPU is still not in Place when i start a Flight at a Position, but comes from anywhere

The GPU was never supposed to start "in place", that would be unrealistic, even if would be easier to code. The GPU always started very close to the airplane, towed by a small truck, which would go away after delivering the GPU in place.

We used to have a bug the spawn position wasn't correct on *arrival* only but, of course, this was fixed with the May 31rd update and it IS in the release notes.

Maybe because the indication of the number of jetways on the menu was so obvious it would be basically impossible for anybody using GSX not noticing it ? That wasn't some obscure bugfix, it was something right in your face...

When is check for updates after starting the Flightsim via the AddOn Menu and there is a Update, i have to end the Flightsim, do the update and start again. Thats the reason why i only look at this site for updates.

That makes sense.

The problem is, while we are doing all the hard work in making GSX for MSFS, building new models that will be used in P3D too, being sure the changes we are adding for MSFS will not break the P3D version and could potentially enhance it, we have also switched to a new server, which is still not 100% completely working with all the feature of the previous one. One of the features that are still missing, is the update NOTIFICATION, that worked on the old server so you didn't even had to use the "Check for updates" menu, because you would get a sound with a notification menu. We'll restore this, as soon as possible.

I am not sure, if i should ask for Ground Air Unit ?

As explained so many times already, when we add a feature, we TRY to make it meaningful for the actual simulation, not just for show.

The mobile GPU, like the Jetway power, acts on a system that EXISTS in the default system simulation, because it will actually keep the battery charged. Same for the deicers, which DO use the default deicing systems in the sim.

There's nothing in the default simulation that would work like air start unit so, it could possibly work only with a few 3rd party airplanes whose developers would be willing to cooperate with us to create some kind of interaction with their custom systems.

Also, there's nothing like that in MSFS as well so, I'm afraid this feature will be on the backburner, until at least some complex airliners with this kind of system will show up in MSFS too, and providing the developers will coordinate with us.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:36:45 am by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 12:31:51 am »

I mean this Website, which seams no longer to be updated : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html
Otherwiese i see there are updates available

Dont try always to understand wrong pls.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 10:41:55 am »
I mean this Website, which seams no longer to be updated : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html
Otherwiese i see there are updates available

Dont try always to understand wrong pls.

When you asked why the live update notes website hasn't updated, my reply clearly indicated I WAS replying to the release notes URL you were asking for:

Maybe because the indication of the number of jetways on the menu was so obvious it would be basically impossible for anybody using GSX not noticing it ? That wasn't some obscure bugfix, it was something right in your face...

So no, it's not me that I don't "understand" your questions. It's you who never understand my answers, unless I repeat them many times.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:45:04 am by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 09:51:45 pm »
Last update ???

June 14th, 2021

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Captain Kevin

torsten

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 09:15:01 am »
Yes, no exact statement if the site is updated or not. There is actually very seldom an exact statement, except "That won't work" or "Maybe later" or "I can't reproduce this without coordinates", which might have been fun ... or maybe not.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25445.0.html

...and btw...ALWAYS, when you start the Update it downloads and updates over 500 files, but when you start the update again, it updates again???
Why is there no Info like "No new Updates" or something...like every other programm is doing.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 09:34:53 am by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 11:57:14 am »
...and btw...ALWAYS, when you start the Update it downloads and updates over 500 files, but when you start the update again, it updates again??? Why is there no Info like "No new Updates" or something...like every other programm is doing.

That's doesn't happen. If a file is already updated, it won't be downloaded again. Unless you are confusing a file being CHECKED ( which must obviously done, otherwise how you do expect the program knowing if it's outdated ? ), with a file being DOWNLOADED, which is NOT happening if it's not required.

torsten

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 01:38:07 pm »
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 01:55:12 am »
Torsten I really don't know what you are trying to say here. In fact, nobody seem to know.