Author Topic: Long pause - not responding when calling GSX  (Read 1501 times)

zk

Long pause - not responding when calling GSX
« on: June 20, 2021, 01:25:35 pm »
Let me preface this post by stating I love GSX.....and rarely if ever have a problem with it.  With that being said.....I recently upgraded to P3D v5.2 and I am experiencing a strange issue with GSX, but only when arriving at the destination airport.  After arriving at my destination, I usually call up the GSX menu to pre-select my arrival gate (using the predefined key strokes)....when i do this, P3D freezes for a few seconds (maybe 5-8 seconds) before finally opening the GSX window.  During the freeze, P3D displays a "Not Responding" message in the title bar at the top of the program window.  P3D always resumes however, and the GSX window opens without fail.  It doesnt matter if I am at a default airport or a 3rd party addon, the system always locks up a for a minimum of 5-8 seconds.  Of course I would prefer to do without the freezing....anyone know whats causing this problem and/or how I can resolve it? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Long pause - not responding when calling GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 01:15:57 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a known P3D V5 bug, that hasn't been completely fixed in 5.2:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25309.msg166569.html#msg166569

Some users reported this is fixed by reverting to the previous Scaleform based menu, as explained here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235715#p235715

zk

Re: Long pause - not responding when calling GSX
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 05:50:32 pm »
I had a feeling you would say that.  Thanks so much for getting back to me.  I will follow the advice of others.....while simultaneously praying that LM figures out a solution for this thing sooner than later!  Have a wonderful week!