Author Topic: GSX Wont let me install Add On manager in different location.  (Read 2310 times)

isiattie

Hi.  Im installing all FSDT products again, with a clean install of P3D V5.

Im trying to install the Add on Manager in a different drive but when I try to do it installing first GSX level 2, the path is grayed out and wont allow me to change it.

Ive already checked and there is no other Add on manager installed in ProgramFiles or Programfiles86. 

Though if I try to install an airport first, say KLAX, it does allow me to change the path, but then it asks me to install first GSX, and back to where we started.

Any thoughts.

Thank you!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Wont let me install Add On manager in different location.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 01:47:27 pm »
When you uninstalled and it asked you if you wanted to remove the Add-on Manager, did you select yes.
Captain Kevin

isiattie

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 03:38:09 pm »
Yes.  Also manually checked if there was something there that didn’t delete it self after uninstalling it with the program tools.  :(

isiattie

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 07:39:10 pm »
I tried installing everything and uninstalling GSX, but now programs wont detect Add on manager and wont ask me if i want to delet it.

I manualy deleted it, but im not sure if i need to do smething else?

Tried reinstalling (with no Add on manager showing in programs), and the option to select the folder is still grayed out....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 01:31:27 pm »
You should never, ever, try to remove anything manually. Always use the proper uninstaller from the Windows Control Panel "Program and Features" option.

I can only confirm that, if you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager", which each and every FSDT uninstaller will do when is selected, and you remove all of them, the first reinstall after you removed everything WILL let you freely choose the Addon Manager destination folder.

isiattie

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 03:14:47 pm »
I understand that.

But my question, is if there is something I need to modify, or do now additionally? because currently there is no add on manager or fsdt product installed, and I did a default install of GSX in the grayed path that wouldn’t allow me to change, then I tried again to uninstall everything from the programs menu in windows, and after uninstalling GSX, there is no longer a prompt to remove the ads on manager. 

But the manager is on C:/program files(86)…..

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 03:27:38 pm »
You must have removed everything from FSDT without ever replying Yes to the "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" question so now, you don't have anything left to remove, meaning you lost the chance to reply to the question.

It's enough to install ONE FSDT product, then uninstall it, and this time, don't forget to reply Yes to the above question so, finally, on the next install, the folder selection will be available.

isiattie

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 05:33:08 am »
Did the whole process and worked just fine.

Thank you.