Author Topic: [MSFS] lfsb_msfs_setup.exe  (Read 3333 times)

flySWISS

[MSFS] lfsb_msfs_setup.exe
« on: August 02, 2021, 09:00:21 pm »
Hi there!

I am back again and right now I have the LFSB Airport Scenery - MSFS installer (lfsb_msfs_setup.exe) ready on my desktop in order to install it into my MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe latest Version 1.18.14.0 (Steam edition) Simulator. However, just to be sure, please be aware that this line of code: (see bellow)

Code: [Select]
}
InstalledPackagesPath "D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\MSFS PACKAGES"

which can be found in this file -> "UserCfg.opt" saying very clearly that my "Community" folder is perfectly recognized and located on a specific drive = D:\  @ M2. NVME  Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1 TB, plugged into a PCI-ExpressX16 v4.0 Slot like so -> InstalledPackagesPath "D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\MSFS PACKAGES". This guy is up and running just like a charm!

NOW, I am assuming that the installer will install into the Addon Manager\MSFS folder, and will just create a shortcut to the Community folder, which is what allows to see the scenery in the Sim. My question now is, IF the MSFS installer will install the Addon Manager twice (in my case duplicating whatever files), since as previously reported, I have already this Addon Manager installed for the GSX GS / Level 2 Bundel. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, the same question concerns procedures on how to install this guy here -> FSDREAMTEAM - ZURICH AIRPORT for MSFS2020 as well. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. With many thanks in advance for your cooperation and best wishes.

Best regards all the away from LSZH

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:36:59 pm by flySWISS »
MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe (Steam) - CPU Ryzen 9/ 5950X - 128 GB DDR4-3600 HyperX Predator RGB - ASUS X570-E Gaming -- ROG Strix RTX 4090 24GB OC -- (2x) 2TB Samsung SSD 980 Pro M.2 NVME - ALIENWARE 34" QD OLED (3440 x 1440, 175 HZ) - Seasonic Prime TX 1000W 80+ Titanium PSU - Tower Fractal Define S2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: lfsb_msfs_setup.exe
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 03:04:40 pm »
NOW, I am assuming that the installer will install into the Addon Manager\MSFS folder, and will just create a shortcut to the Community folder, which is what allows to see the scenery in the Sim.

That's exactly what it does, and in fact is what the installer tells you when the page that indicates the destination folder appears.

y question now is, IF the MSFS installer will install the Addon Manager twice (in my case duplicating whatever files), since as previously reported, I have already this Addon Manager installed for the GSX GS / Level 2 Bundle

Of course the installer WILL NOT install twice, and it won't create duplicated files and it won't even let you do the mistake of installing MSFS product in one Addon Manager folder and P3D products in *another* Addon Manager folder.

You might have noticed that, if you already installed any other FSDT product before ( regardless if it was for FSX, P3D or MSFS ), the destination folder for the Addon Manager is GREYED OUT, so you can't change it, which is precisely what is supposed to happen, so you won't install into different places.

The only thing that matters, which the installer enforces, is that all FSDT products must stay together, for obvious advantage of sharing of files instead of needlessly duplicate files and waste space AND to make the update process easier and faster, since you only have to deal with one updater, which will update all your installer products in a single go, regardless if they are for FSX, P3D or MSFS.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, the same question concerns procedures on how to install this guy here -> FSDREAMTEAM - ZURICH AIRPORT for MSFS2020 as well.

I'm not sure I understood the question. You install any FSDT product using its installer. Zurich is no different.

flySWISS

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 05:19:25 pm »
Of course the installer WILL NOT install twice, and it won't create duplicated files and it won't even let you do the mistake of installing MSFS product in one Addon Manager folder and P3D products in *another* Addon Manager folder.

Just P-E-R-F-E-C-T! Sir, that`s the way it must be! Always SWISS High quality, that`s what it supposed to be...

You might have noticed that, if you already installed any other FSDT product before ( regardless if it was for FSX, P3D or MSFS ), the destination folder for the Addon Manager is GREYED OUT, so you can't change it, which is precisely what is supposed to happen, so you won't install into different places.

Not exactly right NOW (as you can see I am just answering you right now!) Well, I did not start YET (at this point) the Software installation procedure for both Fsdt-MSFS20-Airports. To be really sure how this stuff should be correctly installed on my M.2 NVME drives without any single kind of ISSUES, so I was only waiting for your statement as a developer on this matter!!! But I am pretty sure that the destination folder for the Addon Manager will be GREYED OUT as you`re correctly saying here and it would make SENSE for me anyway, because as above clearly mentioned I HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED once the Addon Manager in order to use GSX GS/ GSX Level2 software bundle applied to both FSX-SE & P3Dv5. And of course  I do understand the reason, WHY you guys chose to use a "neutral" folder, and it's precisely in my modest opinion to support multiple simulators without duplicating any files. And yes with "multiple simulators"I do mean exactly FSX-SE P3Dv5 and MSFS 2020 Premuim Deluxe current version 1.18.14.0 . Sir… be aware that I am still running these three types pf Simulators at the moment. That`s the point!

The only thing that matters, which the installer enforces, is that all FSDT products must stay together, for obvious advantage of sharing of files instead of needlessly duplicate files and waste space AND to make the update process easier and faster, since you only have to deal with one updater, which will update all your installer products in a single go, regardless if they are for FSX, P3D or MSFS.

That`s exactly my case. I am not stupid! I always do install the biggest files on the FASTER DRIVE and of course with the biggest storage capacity, hoping doing this away that YOUR installer structure will be able to help with that. BTW, this is very important on High Performing Systems for Flight Simulation! as the one I do have! In my opinion as long all FSDT products stays together, so they can be updated in a single go anyway (being NOT like this, I would have to start the Live Update operation TWICE every single time). And I don`t like that, because it wouldn't be perfect to my understanding!!

I'm not sure I understood the question. You install any FSDT product using its installer. Zurich is no different.

Again you got it, just perfect! THAT`S IT! Sir, I will be back again as soon I have finished installing all this good stuff! Just don`t worry I will report it back! Stay tuned for now! THANK YOU very much for your support! It is highly appreciated!

Regards from LSZH (Switzerland)
MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe (Steam) - CPU Ryzen 9/ 5950X - 128 GB DDR4-3600 HyperX Predator RGB - ASUS X570-E Gaming -- ROG Strix RTX 4090 24GB OC -- (2x) 2TB Samsung SSD 980 Pro M.2 NVME - ALIENWARE 34" QD OLED (3440 x 1440, 175 HZ) - Seasonic Prime TX 1000W 80+ Titanium PSU - Tower Fractal Define S2

flySWISS

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 10:22:23 am »
DONE!The correct procedure has been followed during installation! That`s how to install FSDT Airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Please see the screenshot!

Regards from LSZH (Switzerland)