Author Topic: GSX jetways invisible in certain airports in P3D.  (Read 1877 times)

TextRich

GSX jetways invisible in certain airports in P3D.
« on: June 15, 2021, 03:48:42 am »
Greetings!  Last weekend I upgraded to Prepar3D 5.2.  I had previously used GSX Level 2 with FSX.  GSX works with most of the P3D default airports that I have tried.  However, GSX has some sort of issue with the P3D default airport in Fukuoka (RJFF).  GSX tells me the airport has jetways by default, but they are invisible to me.  I am able to use the GSX Menu to successfully activate the jetway, and baggage and pushback vehicles appear.  However, the jetways at that airport stays invisible.  When I try to board passengers, I am not able to see them, either.

When I use the GSX Control Panel to enable P3D's default jetways, the default jetways appear and work normally.  I tried going back to GSX jetways but have the same problem.  I have tried restarting P3D, refreshing GSX, and even uninstalling and reinstalling it.  I have also tried to customize the airport position and using different jetway graphics.

GSX jetways works well with several other airports I have tried.  It is RJFF that is giving me a hard time.  Thank you in advance for any possible ideas.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX jetways invisible in certain airports in P3D.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 08:47:42 am »
I can see jetways at default RJFF in P3D 5.2 just fine.

Check the GSX scenery customization and see which AFCAD has been loaded and which GSX profile is active.

TextRich

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 02:10:53 pm »
Thank you for testing this for me Umberto.

According to my GSX Customization, the AFCAD is C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\1002\scenery\APX82200.bgl.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by user profile.  Do you mean User customization?  It says %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\rjff-b8jifr.ini

The only add-on I have that may conflict with Fukuoka are Orbx's BASE Pack, Libraries, and Global Airport Pack.  I tried reinstalling those (I do have other global Orbx add-ons) but that did not help.

GSX acts like the jetway exists and is working, but of course I can't see them.  When I try deboarding, it tells me to open the exits, but does not show any people walking and it does not tell me how many people have departed so far.  The baggage unloads normally.

EDIT: if it helps any (since I fly in Japan often), RJNS (Shizuoka) works normally with the same sim and GSX settings.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 02:23:33 pm by TextRich »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 02:40:01 pm »
Looks like you already customized that airport at some point. Delete rjff-b8jifr.ini and see what happens.
Captain Kevin

TextRich

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 02:59:18 pm »
Looks like you already customized that airport at some point. Delete rjff-b8jifr.ini and see what happens.

Great tip, that worked!  :-)  I did use GSX and fly to Fukuoka in my old FSX:SE before migrating to P3D, so it's possible something "got lost in translation."  Thank you both, Kevin and Umberto.