Author Topic: Reg Code invalid  (Read 1705 times)

Aussieflyer38

Reg Code invalid
« on: June 07, 2021, 04:18:30 am »
I have GSX Ground Crew installed. But due to a HD crash, I no longer  have L2 installed. I thought the best way to fix this was from the main page, click on the install both GSX & L2 64 bit, which I did, I have GSX but not level 2. In the sim addon file it says I need to activate it - okay, entered the reg code for GSX, no sign of L2, I get the message my code is invalid get a "valid" code.

If you care to PM me in some way, I will give you the last numbers of the codes to prove I am the purchaser.

Thank you    
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 02:50:00 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Reg Code invalid
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 04:31:04 am »
I realize you took out part of the serial number, but even then, it's never a good idea to post stuff like this on the forum. The best thing to do in a situation like this is to get in contact with support via e-mail.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 02:56:17 pm »
As explained, so many times already, you should never post questions about orders and/or reactivation on the forum, let alone posting your order numbers and/or keys, regardless if you took parts of them or not.

Questions about past orders and reactivation should always be made using the support email.

About your issue, you CAN use your old Esellerate codes, even with the new activation system, since they are known to the server. However, if your firewall is blocking access to the activation server, you'll see the QLM License Wizard and, since it cannot connect to the server ( because your firewall is blocking it ), it cannot possibly known if an old Esellerate code is valid, because the only codes the QLM License Wizard can recognize on its own ( without help from the server ) are the the NEW QLM activation keys, which starts with an A.

ALL past Esellerate orders has been associated to a new QLM key, which you can retrieve on the Self-Help site, as explained on the FAQ page of our site:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

These keys can be accepted by the License Wizard, even if you cannot figure it out how to configure your firewall to prevent blocking the direct connection, which would have allowed you to use either an old Esellerate key or a new QLM key.

Aussieflyer38

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 05:30:52 am »
Thank you for your reply. I guess as I rarely come to the Forum, I missed the bit " As explained, so many times already,"
I followed your advice and checked for valid and current "Licence Code", but only found one, for GSX not L2. As I said earlier I have GSX  ver 2.9.3 installed.  Why no mention of Level 2 purchased 08/09/2018 o/n STxxxxx
I have downloaded your latest  version that states it is both GSX & Level 2 64 bit, your website says that download, downloads and installs both, I assumed, obviously incorrectly that I would now have both in my computer.
BUT....
In Sim Addon menu there is only GSX mentioned nothing relating to FS DREAM TEAM GSX or LEVEL 2, I reread the manual in case I missed something - I didn't, even going over the "Level 2 only" details.
Regarding your "Esellerate" comment, I'm not sure when you changed your system, but surely my 2018 purchase of Level 2 would have been in your current system, but as I can't find that, I need your assistance because "where do I go from here."    
I purchased that, so it needs to be in your system "somewhere".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 10:23:50 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 10:41:14 am »
Thank you for your reply. I guess as I rarely come to the Forum, I missed the bit " As explained, so many times already,"

The GSX manual itself suggest to use email for questions about orders or reactivation. But still, even after my last post, you seem to have ignored the suggestion entirely, and you made the same mistakes again:

- Posting on a forum a question about orders and reactivation, which cannot possibly answered here, because we cannot discuss things that are OBVIOUSLY private, like your keys, your order number, etc.

- You posted your order number in public, again, which I now edited, of course. Is really so hard to understand you should not post any details about your order in public ? THAT'S why you are supposed to use the SUPPORT EMAIL!!!

I have downloaded your latest  version that states it is both GSX & Level 2 64 bit, your website says that download, downloads and installs both, I assumed, obviously incorrectly that I would now have both in my computer.

That's not what our site tells you to do. In fact, by saying the GSX installer contains GSX Level 2, it says exactly the opposite: you only have ONE installer to download, if this wasn't already obvious by realizing that, both links will download exact the SAME file. There's only one installer for GSX, and it contains everything, what features are enabled only depends by your license.

In Sim Addon menu there is only GSX mentioned nothing relating to FS DREAM TEAM GSX or LEVEL 2, I reread the manual in case I missed something - I didn't, even going over the "Level 2 only" details.

That's because you stopped at the "Addons" menu, which rightfully contains only one GSX menu, because you don't need two separate menus for GSX and GSX Level 2, the features will change depending on what you activated, without requiring two separate menus.

Instead, if you went to the Addon Manager ( also in the same "Addons" menu ), which is used to check which license you have activated, you would find both GSX and GSX Level 2 there, showing their activation state.

Regarding your "Esellerate" comment, I'm not sure when you changed your system, but surely my 2018 purchase of Level 2 would have been in your current system, but as I can't find that, I need your assistance because "where do I go from here."    

Of course your purchase for GSX Level 2 is in our system. The problem is that you used A DIFFERENT EMAIL compared to the other two orders you made for GSX and KLAX, and you must have forgot about that.

Of course, for the same obvious privacy reasons, I can't tell you here which email you used, but if you followed my previous advice of using the SUPPORT EMAIL for questions about past orders, instead of posting on the forum where I can't help you, you would have obtained the following results:

- I could tell you which different email you used to purchase GSX Level 2

AND

- In case that email doesn't work anymore (I cannot possibly know) or, in general, for your convenience, we could merge all your past orders on the same email, so you won't be confused again by the fact you bought a product with a different email and forgot about it.