Author Topic: FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020  (Read 23194 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020
« on: May 25, 2021, 04:52:38 pm »
Fsdreamteam is happy to announce the release of a new product, Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020.

It's an high quality mesh for the whole country of Switzerland, derived from an original 1m resolution elevation data from the Federal Office of Topography ( Swisstopo ), resampled in 10m and 20m meters for the best performances.  The mesh has been carefully made to not cover any airports, to prevent possible compatibility problems with default or 3rd party airports. A set of hundreds of Landmark POIs to mark Peaks, Valleys and Dams is included.

- Original resolution Lidar/Stereocorrelation at 1m

- Two installers provided, one at 10m resolution, another one at 20m, choose the best for your hardware.

- Special processing to exclude the mesh entirely around the airport perimeters, to prevent any possible conflicts.

- Data is blended with elevation data of nearby countries, to prevent spikes or holes at the borders.

- Terrain morphing is greatly reduced compared to default scenery.

Switzerland Mesh for MSFS can be bought on FSDT Website:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_chmesh_msfs.html

It's also available on Simmarket, and will be available on the MS Markeplace soon.

Metall4You

Re: FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 06:14:15 pm »
Hello

Witch Cities are included in the Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020?

Kind Regards

Ramon

tajimak

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 09:19:20 pm »
Hello I just bought the Swiss Mesh from SimMarket and excited. Somehow, after installing, Couatle Live Update keeps indicating an error, saying "...\Addon Manager\Couati\Switzerland Mesh 1.0.lw.xml not found, license cannot be verified". Well, let us know how this can be fixed. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 10:23:55 pm »
Hello I just bought the Swiss Mesh from SimMarket and excited. Somehow, after installing, Couatle Live Update keeps indicating an error, saying "...\Addon Manager\Couati\Switzerland Mesh 1.0.lw.xml not found, license cannot be verified". Well, let us know how this can be fixed. Thanks.

Already fixed, just run the installer again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 10:27:03 pm »
Witch Cities are included in the Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020?

Mesh sceneries don't included cities, they are a set of elevation data at a more precise resolution than the default scenery, which makes rough terrain, mountains and valleys more easily recognizable, which for Switzerland is very relevant.

However, since the mesh covers the whole country, cities included, except airports ( the mesh is made so that airports won't be affected ), if a city in real life has some visible elevation, it might show up better with a more detailed mesh.

tajimak

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 02:05:09 pm »
Thanks for your quick attention. It is fixed now.

johann724

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 11:27:23 pm »
Hi

I am very happy with the Swiss Mesh. Well done!!
However I miss the Monte Rosa alpine hut as well as the tower and the structures on the summit of Säntis. I hope for a future update that will incorporate these buildings.!

rick66

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 07:46:14 am »
Umberto, I found a spike using the 10mtr mesh, Not sure of the coordinates but it's just near Zurich heading into the Alps.

https://imgur.com/wTK2Wf9

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 09:40:01 am »
Umberto, I found a spike using the 10mtr mesh, Not sure of the coordinates but it's just near Zurich heading into the Alps.

Well check that. Have you tried if it happens with the 20m version too ?

rick66

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 11:27:35 am »

Well check that. Have you tried if it happens with the 20m version too ?
Not yet, just installed it now so i''l have a look.
Edit: 20m is fine no spikes, But i did find LSZC(Home of Pilatus) has the foothills behind sliced, Maybe you can't fix it because of the location of the airport and your tile method. All good though, I've flown most of the Alps today and these were the only anomalies i found with 10m.
Nice Job.
LSZC https://i.imgur.com/nGWGfyc.jpg
No spikes 20mt https://i.imgur.com/gU34a2J.jpg
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 12:18:05 pm by rick66 »

SK10

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 12:19:43 pm »
As good as it looks, it is unusable for me unfortunately as it creates massive stutters, which in VR is a buzzkill. Once I have uninstalled it, all back to smooth sailing. Its sad as it really looks amazing flying over the alps.
Maybe I have to high settings for this product, but I'm not willing to dial it down...so it was a try at least.

Gregorlakis11

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2021, 02:52:17 pm »

Hello, purchased Swiss Mesh from MS Marketplace. I experienced a dramatic drop of performance when flying in Switzerland due to the severe stutter of MSFS. My hardware: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000. Please advise how to change the resolution from 10 m to 20 m and if there is another way to solve this issue. Unfortunately in your sales description, nothing is mentioned about the minimum hardware requirements in order to run Swiss Mesh smoothly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 03:32:09 pm »
Hello, purchased Swiss Mesh from MS Marketplace. I experienced a dramatic drop of performance when flying in Switzerland due to the severe stutter of MSFS. My hardware: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000. Please advise how to change the resolution from 10 m to 20 m

The 10 m version is a bit heavier on performance, but surely nothing "dramatic" like you are describing.

When users purchase the scenery from our site, or on Simmarket, we provide two separate installers, one for the 10 m version and another one for the 20 m version.

We asked Microsoft if it was possible to do something like that for the MS Markeplace version, but unfortunately their system doesn't support two different versions of the same product available at the same time with a user-selected installation option, so we only supplied the 10 m version, which works just fine.

If you contact support by email, with some kind of proof of purchase you bought the product on the MS Marketplace, we can create a new license for you on our site, which is the only way to obtain the optional 20 m installer.

Gregorlakis11

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 04:46:37 pm »
Hello,
Thanks for your response.
The terms “ dramatic” and “severe” are not exaggerated! During the stuttering, which occurs every few seconds, the MSI Afterburner displays the following:
GPU usage: 0 %
Frame rate: 5 FPS

The MSFS is “GEFORCE Experience” optimized and runs outside Switzerlands perfectly with 30 FPS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2021, 05:00:04 pm »
The terms “ dramatic” and “severe” are not exaggerated! During the stuttering, which occurs every few seconds, the MSI Afterburner displays the following:

Nobody ever reported something that bad. However, as I already replied to you by email, we created a license for the FSDT version of the installer, so you can try the 20 m version.

The MSFS is “GEFORCE Experience” optimized and runs outside Switzerlands perfectly with 30 FPS.

Don't use GeForce Experience to optimize MSFS, it use settings which are very bad. Try to use a preset in MSFS, and don't let GeForce experience touch it