Author Topic: Jetways Disoriented When Invoking Dock Sequence **SOLVED**  (Read 7008 times)

Exodus20

I am not sure if this is a GSX issue or a SODE issue.  However, I recently installed FSX-SE on a clean Windows 10 installation.  After running the GSX and GSX 2 installations, and running the subsequent GSX update manager.  I launched FSX-SE and invoked the jetway docking process.  When that occurred, the jetway became disoriented.  When I check the status, I see that GSX reports, "Operate Jetways requested.  Waiting for other services to complete ()".  I have to restart Couatl in order to reset the position.

I also noticed that when I go to customize the gate, the same issue occurred (as shown in the attachments) and I was not able to modify the jetway in that mode.

I had this problem with SODE 1.6.5 and 1.7.1.  Screenshots attached.  Please let me know if additional information is required to troubleshoot.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:07:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Disoriented When Invoking Dock Sequence
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 11:06:54 pm »
Try to uninstall and reinstall SODE.

Exodus20

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 05:23:51 pm »
Hi and thank you for the prompt response.

Here is some additional color that I failed to include:

- I have completely removed both SODE and GSX and manually deleted all of the known folders for both of those applications, including those in the AppData, just to make sure that I start with a clean installation of GSX (which re-installs SODE, right?).
- I have done the same for FSX-SE, including deleting all publicly known files and registry entries, and re-installed all three (FSX-SE, GSX, SODE) to no avail. 

Admittedly, I could be missing some registry settings or other unknown folders that store files. After the uninstall of both GSX and SODE:

- I manually removed the remaining remnants that I saw; such as the \Program Files (x86)\12bPilot, \Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, and %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folders.  In addition, the HKCU\Software\12bPilot, HKCU\Software\FSDreamTeam, HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\12bPilot and HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\FSDreamTeam registry keys were deleted (after back up of the registry, of course).

I trust that the GSX and SODE uninstall processes removed all traces of the remaining folders and registry settings. If there are any that I manually missed and you would like me investigate their existence after the uninstall; please let me know.

I've also attached a screenshot of the gate prior to invoking the JW docking process, with a fresh install of FSX-SE, GSX, GSX2 and SODE, and no gate customization applied.

I hope this provides additional clues!

Thanks again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 09:46:54 pm »
Try to add the following folders to the antivirus Exclusions:

- the whole Addon Manager folder

- the whole FSX folder

tf51d

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 07:50:57 am »
Does this happen when you have SODE set to activate with AI aircraft or set for user aircraft only? If the former, I think this maybe a VAS issue (FSX) or some other limitation in SODE. I have the same thing happen but only when SODE is set to activate with AI and then only on large airports like KATL, KORD, KJFK,etc... It works great on small to medium size airports like KSJC. Jetways also work fine when set for user aircraft only.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 07:57:13 am by tf51d »

Exodus20

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 10:50:17 pm »
Does this happen when you have SODE set to activate with AI aircraft or set for user aircraft only? If the former, I think this maybe a VAS issue (FSX) or some other limitation in SODE. I have the same thing happen but only when SODE is set to activate with AI and then only on large airports like KATL, KORD, KJFK,etc... It works great on small to medium size airports like KSJC. Jetways also work fine when set for user aircraft only.

@tf51d - Not exactly sure where to find that setting.  I checked the SODE platform manager and did not find it there.

@FSDT - AV exclusions did not correct the problem.  Before I had to rebuild the OS, I did not have to provide any AV exclusions and it worked fine.

How do the three apps (SODE, GSX, FSX-SE communicate?  Is it possible it is a SIMConnect issue?  Perhaps not sending correct parameters?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 09:46:28 am »
How do the three apps (SODE, GSX, FSX-SE communicate?  Is it possible it is a SIMConnect issue?  Perhaps not sending correct parameters?

Yes, GSX and SODE communicate with Simconnect and the obviously sent correct data between themselves, otherwise you'll see errors logged.

However, it has been proven that, when you are using many add-ons that send many commands through Simconnect in a very short amount of time ( usually weather engines and AI traffic handlers ), the sim might not be able to get all message from all apps, and drop some. This seems to be worse in FSX compared to P3D, because FSX has an additional overhead of being a 32 bit program, so each and every Windows 32 bit API call gets re-routed and its parameters changed to call the actual 64 bit version, in a process called "thunking", so FSX is even more fragile on this aspect. Not that is completely solved in P3D, since if some app spams Simconnect with commands, there's not much we can do to fix it, other than trying not to spam ourselves...

tf51d

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 01:00:49 pm »

@tf51d - Not exactly sure where to find that setting.  I checked the SODE platform manager and did not find it there.

In the SODE's start platform app in the settings menu under Tools. Check Enable AI Traffic Detection, but like I said you may get unpredictable results especially in larger airports for the reason virtuali mentioned. If it's already checked, uncheck it, and that should solve your issue, with the user jetway.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:04:30 pm by tf51d »

Exodus20

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 07:37:31 pm »
Platform didn't take .log file.  Renamed and reattached here.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 12:59:46 am »
Or just put it in a ZIP file and add said ZIP file here. I don't know if the forum software might mess up the text file you just uploaded.
Captain Kevin

Exodus20

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 09:38:55 pm »
Or just put it in a ZIP file and add said ZIP file here. I don't know if the forum software might mess up the text file you just uploaded.

Thanks.  Zip file attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 03:21:13 pm »
Your Couatl.log, as expected, shows no errors, meaning GSX is working perfectly fine.

If your problem is data lost in the communication between GSX and SODE caused by other add-ons spamming Simconnect with commands, this cannot logged or verified, surely not from GSX. You can try checking the SODE log for errors as well.

Exodus20

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2021, 08:01:57 pm »
You can try checking the SODE log for errors as well.

Not sure where I'd find those.  Searched the HD for the file and turned up nothing.

Is there a support contact/URL/community for SODE?

Thanks!

gaga006

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 12:11:22 pm »
Good luck dude... I have the same issue with Jetways, nobody able to help me, nor trying though

Exodus20

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2021, 10:26:52 pm »
Good luck dude... I have the same issue with Jetways, nobody able to help me, nor trying though

Yeah, this does suck.  I've tried restoring default jetways and that's not working.  So, after I uninstall GSX/SODE; I have no jetways at all.  So, I'm freakin' hosed.  Can't use FSE with or without GSX anymore.  I guess I could wipe my hard drive and OS and start over; but really hoping somebody can step up to the plate on this one!